SG
Posted By
Scottie_G.
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running a batch, adding a watermark copyright, and I’m getting this new interruption between the saving of each file, "some files being saved have non latin characters, they will be incompatible with some browsers"

This is just a quick line of basic text made in Photoshop itself. (maybe it’s the copyright symbol?)

Anyway, it interrupts the batch process, anyone KNOW HOW TO shut off these annoying messages? (I wish it had a "don’t show this message again" box, but it does not)

What’s going on with Photoshop, I tend to see messages for everything except when to go to the bathroom.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 28, 2004
Where does it occur? At what step?

What version of Photoshop?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 28, 2004
I’m thinking if you add a step rasterizing the text or flattening the file the problem might go away.
SG
Scottie_G.
Feb 29, 2004
Ed:
PS CS.
The action is thus it resizes and image and then slaps on a watermark, copyright and name, and before the name (text), the annoying message comes up — for every image, interruption the batch process.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 29, 2004
I don’t have CS so I don’t know if this is something peculiar to that version. I would reset Prefs and make the text step over. If that doesn’t do it a workaround would be to have a rasterized version of the text and have it on the Clipboard and simply have the action Paste.
RF
Richard_Farwell
Feb 29, 2004
I have the same problem when I try to save any file for the web, even in ImageReady CS. I’m running Mac OS X 10.3 on a 2.0DP G5. I’ve tried everything, new file, copy and paste to ne file, etc. I can’t get rid of the following message:

Some names of the files being saved contain non-
Latin characters. These file names will be
incompatible with some Web Browsers and servers.
Cancel OK

I don’t know what to do?
SG
Scottie_G.
Feb 29, 2004
Thanks Ed:
Well my guess is that it is a CS thing since I don’t remember it in 7. Man I’m shocked that a Photoshop expert (you give great advice) doesn’t have CS.

In this case your ideas are pretty complex, but I’ll print them out and study them later, I just with the dang message had one of those" don’t ask me this again"

Thanks Richard for confirming I’m not only one. Now if someone could figure this out.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections