MS
Posted By
Merrily_Schmid
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently assigned actions to F-Keys 1 through 13. They worked while I had Photoshop open, but after closing and reopening, my F-9, F-10, and F-11 keys reverted to what I assume was the Photoshop default (they now move windows around on my monitor or dim background clutter). However when I look at action options for each action, the F-Key I assigned is still listed, and the action still works if I highlight it and click "Play". Anyone know what is happening on here?

Merrily

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Feb 27, 2004
My collegue had the same issue once, that solved itself… what version of Photoshop? have you tried to reassign the shortcut, then saving the action?
DR
Danny_Raphael
Feb 27, 2004
I’m visiting from the Windoze side of the world, so I’m a little out of my element.

That said, do you have the Adobe provided action set "Commands" loaded in your Actions Palette? If so (or even if not) put your Actions Palette in Button Mode and eyeball the buttons. See if by chance F9, F10, F11 are assigned to other actions -or- if they show as being assigned to your actions.

~DannyR~
MS
Merrily_Schmid
Mar 4, 2004
Danny, I did as you said, and the Buttons mode does show my actions listed as they should be, and there are no others assigned to those same keys (other than the actions I’ve assigned to be shift + f-key)

Sorry I didn’t mention a version before, I’m using Photoshop CS in Mac OS Panther 10.3.2. Does anyone have any ideas why my actions are missing?

Merrily
MS
Merrily_Schmid
Mar 4, 2004
Another note on the topic, I just read a posting by Mark Castleberry on a similar topic where he said the F-key worked if you held down the Command key. So I tried it and wallah! my F-key action did work. Why though would you have to hold this down just to make certain F-keys work (F-9, F-10 and F-11) and not for others. Also, why if the control key is not assigned as a key to use to activate the action?

Merrily
H
Hexebah
Mar 5, 2004
Expose is hijacking your keys – OS X 10.3.2
The shortcut keys for Feather CMD+Option+D brings up my dock and sets it to stay up by default – Grrr

Chip
L
lello
Mar 5, 2004
yes, exposee on panther give a little problem on those stuffs, but… it’s great..! very very useful when lots of windows/programs/files opened all togheter 🙂
Iim getting uset to use always cmd+Fx to the actions or somewhat instead of just the F key

On 2004-03-05 04:26:40 +0100, said:

Expose is hijacking your keys – OS X 10.3.2
The shortcut keys for Feather CMD+Option+D brings up my dock and sets it to stay up by default – Grrr

Chip

x– 100 Proof News – http://www.100ProofNews.com
x– 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x– Access to over 1 Terabyte per Day – $8.95/Month
x– UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
MS
Merrily_Schmid
Mar 5, 2004
Chip, Thank you! That did it. Expose was set to F9, F10 and F11. I change it to keys I infrequently use and now all is right in Photoshopland. Thanks so much!!!

Merrily

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections