PE
Posted By
phoney.email
Jul 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Bearing in mind drastic perception changes due to the viewing angle, is ICC profile calibration applicable to LCDs at all? The literature I’ve seen so far, only seems to refer to CRTs.

In other words, can I calibrate my notebook screen and, if yes, how?

TIA!

Don.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TT
Tom Thackrey
Jul 24, 2003
On 24-Jul-2003, (Don) wrote:

Bearing in mind drastic perception changes due to the viewing angle, is ICC profile calibration applicable to LCDs at all? The literature I’ve seen so far, only seems to refer to CRTs.

Please cross post.

You can get a ‘spyder’ which will work with an LCD display. Both ColorVision and Monaco have them.

Tom Thackrey
www.creative-light.com
PE
phoney.email
Jul 24, 2003

Please cross post.

Doesn’t that just clog the NGs at the user end?

(I do realize when servers talk to each other single posting to multiple NGs cause multiple sends but, then again, they have fat pipes…)

You can get a ‘spyder’ which will work with an LCD display. Both ColorVision and Monaco have them.

Photoshop / graphics newbie here, so apologies for the dumb question: What’s a ‘spyder’?

Later: Never mind… I see in the other thread it’s a hardware device.

Thanks!

Don.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections