W
Posted By
WPG
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When opening a file message says, "File contains file info data which cannot be read and has been ignored". Can I know if there is a problem with the file structure or what info has been ignored. ie path info or channel info?

Thanks in advance
Danny

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PD
Paul_D._Ferguson
Feb 27, 2004
Danny,

The message indicates an error reading the file’s metadata info (e.g. copyright, description, etc.) The actual image data may or may not be affected, depending on the underlying cause of the error, although I suspect if there was a serious problem you would receive additional messages or other clues that something is wrong. You didn’t indicate what you see when the file opens; if the document looks correct, I suggest saving it to another file.

Paul
DR
Donald_Rossi
Apr 14, 2004
Here is a new wrinkle to this topic. In the past, I have seen hundreds of files with this message. It really throws a curve ball to an Applescript! Handling the dialog is a problem. Anyway, since upgrading to CS from version 7, I had not seen the problem but it didn’t go away.
I just ran a script on a machine that is still running version 7 and the dialog popped up for one file. I was perplexed since I had opened that same file in CS with no dialog. I went back to CS and opened the file. No dialog appeared but when I tried to check the File Info, I got the error, "Could not complete the File Info command because of a problem with the File Info module." File Info works just fine with other files and I can get the file info for this file using Applescript.
Wait, it gets better. I went back to the original digital file sent to me by the customer and Photoshop 7 display the "File Info Data" message when I open that file. The file arrived as a Photoshop EPS file with no resource fork. It was then saved by me as a Photoshop file. The Photoshop file I created is then saved as a Photoshop EPS file with JPEG compression. Every one of these files displays the message in Photoshop 7 and the error message in CS. Anyone out there have any suggestions

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections