RS
Posted By
Rick_Stare
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All our color separations are saved in DCS 2.0 format – a necessity because we print in a 6-color litho system instead of using SWOP inks. Our workflow has avoided embedding profiles up to this point. In Photoshop 7 we were able to save DCS format without embedding a profile, but it looks like CS is overriding our Color Settings and forcing us to embed a profile.

Our Color Settings are set for Color Management Off. When I go to Save As, and select DCS 2.0 format, the "Embed Color Profile" box (which was unchecked) suddenly changes to being checked AND is grayed out so we cannot change it. If I view the resulting file in File Browser in Details view, the file displays as Untagged. But if I change my CMYK space in Color Settings, and open this supposedly untagged file, I get the Profile Mismatch warning which states that it DOES have an embedded profile. Which is correct? Seems like this is a bug…

We need to be able to save DCS without an embedded profile. Photoshop 7 allowed us to do that.

* Rick

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections