Posted By
teflon
Sep 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, As above – I don’t want a border.

I’m trying to print some posters at A4. I sized it up in Photoshop to A4 dimensions and everything looks good right to the edge of the image, but when I go to ‘print with preview, I end up with a white border.

I’ve tried checking and unchecking ‘centre image’ and ‘scale to fit media’, but no luck. I need to get this done soon. Can anyone help?

Thanks for reading.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
br
Sep 10, 2007
"teflon" wrote in message

I’m trying to print some posters at A4. I sized it up in Photoshop to A4 dimensions and everything looks good right to the edge of the image, but when I go to ‘print with preview, I end up with a white border.
I’ve tried checking and unchecking ‘centre image’ and ‘scale to fit media’,
but no luck. I need to get this done soon. Can anyone help?
If you’re using an A3 printer check the paper size in the printer settings… it may be set larger than A4.
I can replicate your problem on my A3 printer but not on my A4 printer.
M
mirafiori
Sep 10, 2007
most printers print with border unless it has borderless printing capability.

Thanks for reading.
T
teflon
Sep 10, 2007
It an Epson Stylus Photo R360 (A4), capable of borderless printing. I’m on Mac and the print previews using the system installed ‘Preview’ program. Couldn’t see any settings in that. It’s probably something really stupid that I have or haven’t done.
T
teflon
Sep 10, 2007
On 10/9/07 18:41, in article fc3s83$o10$, "mirafiori" wrote:

most printers print with border unless it has borderless printing capability.

Thanks for reading.
It was in the page setup dialogue box – just had to select ‘A4 Borderless’!

Just couldn’t see it! Many thanks.
J
Joel
Sep 10, 2007
teflon wrote:

It sounds like you may have to look at your PRINTER see if it can print borderless, if it has the option enabled, then combination of image size, as well as paper alignment etc…

I’ve tried checking and unchecking ‘centre image’ and ‘scale to fit media’, but no luck. I need to get this done soon. Can anyone help?

If you can’t be able to figure out printer setting before reaching the "done soon", then I would suggest to bring to a local photolab which is probably cheaper than what you pay for the paper & ink. Most usually have 1-hr printing and must act fast before too late.

Thanks for reading.
T
teflon
Sep 10, 2007
On 10/9/07 19:59, in article ,
"Joel" wrote:

teflon wrote:

It sounds like you may have to look at your PRINTER see if it can print borderless, if it has the option enabled, then combination of image size, as well as paper alignment etc…

If you can’t be able to figure out printer setting before reaching the "done soon", then I would suggest to bring to a local photolab which is probably cheaper than what you pay for the paper & ink. Most usually have 1-hr printing and must act fast before too late.

Thanks for reading.

Printer is Epson R360 and is able to print borderless. It was the ‘A4 Borderless’ setting that I’d stupidly missed until it was pointed out to me by a poster on another group.

Just printing a few posters (30) for a music friend of mine – straight onto Epsons own inkjet paper.

Thanks.
J
Joel
Sep 10, 2007
teflon wrote:

On 10/9/07 19:59, in article ,
"Joel" wrote:

teflon wrote:

Thanks for reading.

Printer is Epson R360 and is able to print borderless. It was the ‘A4 Borderless’ setting that I’d stupidly missed until it was pointed out to me by a poster on another group.

Just printing a few posters (30) for a music friend of mine – straight onto Epsons own inkjet paper.

Thanks.

Like always like the rich tone of inkjet printer, but it has become too expensive comparing to photolad so I haven’t printed with inkjet for years. Also, Epson is my kind of printer.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections