KP
Posted By
Kris_Pfeifer
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using OSX, Photoshop 7.01, and an Epson Perfection 1200U Scanner. Have always aquired images through using Import-"Epson Scanner Enabler". This recently stopped working. Also cannot get a TWAIN option to come up. Message I get through PS is -199 error has occured, and then "could not complete the improt command because there is a problem with the acquisition module interface (is this the scanner?) Also sometimes get a message that it cannot find the scanner, although I have tried different power plugs, different USB cables, plugging cable directly in to my G4. Occasionally had scanning problem before, and reverted to PS 6.0 and was able to scan. This no longer works either. I have reinstalled my Epson software, upgraded to the OSX driver for my 1200 model, reinstalled PS 7.0. Any other suggestions before I can the printer and go buy a new one- deadline quickly approaches!
Thanks!
Kris

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Feb 22, 2004
With OSX I have found that scanning done outside of Photoshop is much more practical. Unlike OS9 you can still work in PS while scanning in OSX. You might want to try VueScan you can get it at <http://www.hamrick.com>
KP
Kris_Pfeifer
Feb 22, 2004
Thanks- I just downloaded that, but while trying to install, it said that no scanner is installed. I have tried a new USB cable, so am wondering if my scanner is truly broken- what would keep the computer from recognizing that it is attached?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections