E
Posted By
Elsie
Jul 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had it once on Windows XP, it took me ages to set it up,and I had many problems dealing with it being set up. But now that I have moved and the house that I have moved into has windows XP it’s now doin’ the same thing to me as it was before. Sayin’ the disc is unreadable. But if I put Photoshop on any other program like Windows 98 it pops up fine and dandy.

I’m basically new and I forgot my manners, so hi!!

But I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to me. I hope it goes on eventually. And anyone got any advice?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
mrmnlpp2
Jul 18, 2003
There are some other questions that need to be answered first. Can you explore the cd and look at the contents or does it automatically try to run and up pops the "unreadable" message? I’m guessing that it has something to do with xp and maybe you might check their forums also. Perhaps there are some drivers missing on the xp install that it doesn’t see the cd at all? XP has an administrator that you may have to be in to install the photoshop from. This is to prevent different users from changing the computer setup. If this is someone elses computer you may have to be logged in as the administrator to install.
I hope it is the administrator thing because that is an easy solution…Michael
DM
dave milbut
Jul 18, 2003
do you have a damaged disk? was the disk created by a cd burner? if so, what software was used to create it?
E
Elsie
Jul 19, 2003
duuno why it didn’t take for the longest time, but now I finally got it up and runnin’. It was kinda odd, but thanks anyways =D
RO
Richard Oleck
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah,
Having the same problems. It doesn’t like using XP’s file system and Adobe Photoshop 7.0’s file system running at the same time. I’m trying to install Adobe’s 7.0.1 update but when it’s ready to install it, it can’t see the photoshop 7.0 right where it’s supposed to be and is.
I know the right fix would be to completely delete Windows XP, partition the hard drive and assign the new partition as the scratch disk for running Photoshop 7.0. This can be done after Photoshop has been reinstalled once you have XP up and running again with the new partition by going to ‘Edit’, then ‘Preferences’ and then choosing your new drive partition, (i.e., E: or F:…., etc.).
That should work, but who wants to do that? I might have to. Good Luck
richo214
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 21, 2003
I know the right fix would be to completely delete Windows XP, partition the hard drive and assign the new partition as the scratch disk for running Photoshop 7.0.

Uhm… NO.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections