BS
Posted By
Bob Singer
Jul 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have encountered a very unusual problem in Photoshop Elements 2 and can’t put my finger on the solution. Is anybody familiar with this problem? This is on a Windows XP based PC workhorse.

I prepare to print out contact sheets of images in a file. That’s File > Print Layouts > Contact Sheet.

I set the page set-up parameters. Still no problem.

But, when I start the automated image loading process, an older file of thumbnails is being pulled in. And, yes,
I have purged the clipboard.

I can’t find that file to delete it or get rid of it so that the new images in the named file are pulled into Contact Sheet.

The images are absolutely fine in Photoshop and in the Photoshop Browser. They are only older versions in the Contact Sheet version.

Any suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth Haney
Jul 30, 2003
Try deleting the Preference folder, since that’s probably where the old file is stored. With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys. Hold all three down until you get the screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. This should clear out anything that’s in there – of course that includes any customizing you might have done for tools, too, but they’re pretty easy to get set up again.
NS
Nancy S
Jul 31, 2003
Bob,

In the contact sheet construction box, you did click on the "Source" button to select a new folder this time, right?

Nancy
PL
Paul L UK
Jul 31, 2003
Bob

May not work, but in Explorer, open the folder(s) where the images are, select all and ‘refresh thumbnail’ (either right click or a drop down from top, cannot remember)

Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections