PD
Posted By
Peter_D_D_Samuel
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can readily drag an image off the web from my browser into MS Word or into a text editor. But when I open a blank document in Adobe Photoshop (and Adobe Illustrator) they won’t accept the dragged item. This seems to me very odd. The image is probably composed using Photoshop yet I have to use roundabout methods to get it back into Photshop if I want to work on it in Photoshop again, say to crop it, change the file size or dimensions. There must be a trick I am missing. How do I mostly directly import a file from the web browser into Photoshop?
Peetr Samuel TOLLROADSnews tel 301 631 1148

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 22, 2004
Drag the image to your Desktop.
Double-click to open it.
Double click the Background Layer to make it an ordinary layer. Then Drag & Drop the image onto an open Photoshop document.

But why are you doing this?

Please remember that the Copyright of almost every image on the Web is owned by someone!
J
JasonSmith
Feb 23, 2004
Or from your browers – control>click on the image. select copy image to clipboard.

go to PS, hit cmd>N, the new image dialoge is automatically sized to the image in the clipboard, cmd>C to paste the clipboard image into your new document.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 23, 2004
Jason’s method is faster.

I have been doing it the other way because I have needed to build what are known as "Preview Ads." which are on-line Ads that are linked-back to specific pages on the Advertiser’s own website.

I just drag all the useful images from their site into a layered Photoshop document and then build their series of Preview Ads using various composites of those images.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections