What’s the secret to runaround type in PS7?

Posted By
150mph
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys.

I’m trying to use Return and Space to run type around some pix (see ascii sample below) but In In the text tool marquis work area, Photoshop doesn’t allow more than one letterspace between letters except sometimes after a line break.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it allows spacing after a line break and I can’t make a line break where I want because PS won’t let me see the spaces between letters.

Lets say word "the" is the last word on line 1 and the word "problem" auto wraps to be the first word of line 2. It’s possible to put hundreds or thousands of spaces between the two words without moving "problem" to the right at all.

All I want to do is move "problem" over 7-8 spaces to the right and I can’t. What’s the secret?

TIA!!

OS9.2.2 / PS7.0

sample:

text text text text text
text text text text
000 text text text text
0000 text text text text
00000 text text text text
000000 text text text text
00000 text text text text
000 text text text text

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SF
Scott_Falkner
Feb 20, 2004
You’ll need to force "Problem" onto it’s own line with a carriage return.
B
Buko
Feb 20, 2004
There is no runaround or text wrap in Photoshop.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 20, 2004
But InDesign does excellent run-arounds.
Could you do that part of the job in InD?
SB
Scott_Byer
Feb 20, 2004
With Photoshop CS, sure there is. Well, not so much runaround as really easy ways of creating a path for the type to live within.

To make a "runaround" in Photoshop, start the path tool off with a rectangle for the basic shape, then put the path tool in subtraction mode and start cutting out pieces. Then click in the path with the type tool and type away.

Don’t expect stellar performance, though – Photoshop isn’t a page layout app and isn’t optimized for large amounts of complicated text.

-Scott
150mph
Feb 20, 2004
Thanks Scott..I’ll try it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections