Could not start Adobe Photoshop because the volume Windows is using for Virtual Memory does not have

DB
Posted By
David Bardoff
Jul 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Windows 98. I recently got the memory (RAM) increased to 384. They also got rid of spyware on my hard drive. When I got my computer back, Photoshop Elements wouldn’t open. Instead I got an error saying "Could not start Adobe Photoshop because the volume Windows is using for Virtual Memory does not have enough free space, which could lead to stability problems. See Windows Help for information on increasing available Virtual Memory."

I have read messages of people with the same problem. I have deleted my preferences, defragmented, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled, and made sure that I am letting Windows manage my virtual memory. Photoshop still will not open. Every other application is working normally. Is there anything else I can do? Should I do something to the virtual memory?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CF
Chris French
Jul 28, 2003
Sometimes this sort of message appears in Windows when it isn’t actually the problem, but lets take it at its word for now.

The key is how much space is available on the hard drive, and in particular if it partitioned – on the partition where the swap file is located.

So check where the swap file is, either looking at the settings for virtual memory, or do a search for 386.swp (the name for the Win 9X swap file IIRC) – in a standard installation it is on the same partition as Win98. Is there enough space on this hard drive /partition? —
Chris French

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections