CT
Posted By
Craig_Thomas
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how I can replicate the ‘Eliminate White’ plug-in in Photoshop 7 or 8 under Mac OSX??? Or indeed, if there is a version available of the plug-in for OSX??

It was simply the most useful plug-in ever – and I have no idea why its functionality has not been incorporated into the main application. Unless there is a way of acheiving the same result without it.

Please advise! I do not have classic anymore – and it’s my only hang-up!!

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 17, 2004
Try this: Double-click on the layer to get Styles dialog. In Advanced Blending find the Blend If sliders. Pull the right slide on the top slightly to the left and then holding down Option break off the left side of the slider triangle and move that even further left until the white is gone.

Make a new transparent layer below and merge with it.

You might want to do this on a duplicate layer at first.
CT
Craig_Thomas
Feb 17, 2004
OK Ed.. That gets me hallf way there. But now I need to actually delete the white. Blending just hides it. I need to end up with the black on transparency, so that I can then fill it with any colour I like.

Any ideas??
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 17, 2004
When you merge with a transparent layer the white should disappear.

Actually if you just have black on white you can Command-click on the composite channel, inverse and fill with black on a new layer, then trash the original. Now you just have black on transparent.
MM
Mark McIntyre
Feb 17, 2004
The simpler answer is:

<http://www.bergdesign.com/plugins/>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections