Elements 1 Vs. 2….is it worth it to upgrade ?

RR
Posted By
Raymond Robillard
Jul 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Selection Brush, for one. Quick fix, also, very handy for average picture. The ones that needs fixing on the whole picture.

You could download a demo, and see for yourself, that would be the best way to judge wether or not you need this version 🙂

Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 23, 2003
Jim, i’m happily using version 1 and I don’t feel I’m missing too darn much. Better off waiting for version 3 which I suspect will be out before the end of the year….as per my crystal ball 😉 Honestly though it’s up to you. I don’t miss what i don’t have.
CW
Carl Wegner
Jul 26, 2003
Jim,

Here are some things I’ve noticed or heard:

Improved visual file browser, very useful
Selection / Masking brush, also use this a lot
Batch converter allows a few choices of jpg settings, but not enough File Info captions are now compatible with Vueprint (& other programs?) Photomerge has limited alignment zoom & works with larger files, but can’t disable auto-arrange Program loading & many actions appear to be somewhat faster History undo list appears to be deeper
Helps arrange multiple photos on page for printing (not used, I don’t print much)

Depends on how much you use & your pocketbook.

Carl
P
Phosphor
Jul 26, 2003
Also, PE2 includes the Photoshop 7 brush engine. To me, that alone was worth the upgrade cost. As Carl said, it depends on how much you use the program. (Of course, if you are a mac user and running X, the fact that PE2 will run natively in X is also well worth it.)
JH
Joe Henry1000
Jul 27, 2003
Barb (once again :-)) said it all, if you’re using OS X. PE 2 is OS X native and for the paultry asking price is well worth it just for that.

Joe
TB
Tracy Bly
Jul 27, 2003
Jim,

I upgraded to PE2, and actually found add-ons were more helpful. I first added shiply tools: <http://member.melbpc.org.au/~pshipley/Download.htm>, and then found Hidden Power freebees: <http://hiddenelements.com/freetools.html> (I have not tried batch). Then I added the hidden power book and the tools from the CD. PE2 didn’t seem very different to me, but the add-ins really changed the program. I’ll be sure to read the upgrade notes next time before buying the upgrade!

Trabee

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections