LJ
Posted By
LRobert Johnson
Jul 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried PSE 1.1 on the 30 day tryout. When it expired, I tried to clean out all the files, but there is one that is locked – something called "Icon" I cannot completely empty the Trash – I get the message "The operation cannot be completed because the item "Icon" is locked" . I cannot find this "Icon" file anywhere in order to unlock it. I am using a Mac G4 running OSX 10.2.6.
I have now installed a purchased PSE 2.0 and the locked "Icon" is still in my Trash.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JH
Joe Henry1000
Jul 20, 2003
Robert,

If you have your Root user enabled you should be able to log in and delete it from that account. If you don’t know what I mean by Root, you probably don’t have it enabled.

Check out this Apple Kbase Article <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106237> It’ll walk you right through deleting undeletable stuff.

Joe
LJ
LRobert Johnson
Jul 20, 2003
Beth,
Thanks! Your "hold the mouse over the trash" solution worked like a charm! I very much appreciate it.
Bob Johnson
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 20, 2003
I’m glad the Poguey trick worked for you, Bob. My first choice is always whatever is the simplest! I suppose some day I’ll have to venture into Rootland, but I’m voting to postpone it as long as I can.
RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 21, 2003
The Pouge trick usually works, but if it doesn’t and root is too scary for you, there are some freeware and shareware utilities that give you root privledges and let you force empty the trash in these kinds of cases. There are several, but the one I use is BatchMod.

Rich

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections