I
Posted By
ieee488
Jul 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to take a photo, make an irregular cut thereby slicing the photo in two, take one portion of it, then make that cut edge beveled.

How do I do this in PSE1?

Thanks.

P.S. I wish someone would write a book on how to do these creative things for those graphically-challeneged like me. 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 19, 2003
ieee, the way to get around not having a bevel on one side is to extend the image with extra canvas and then cut it off after applying the bevel. You have to click ‘simplify’ ( rasterize ) the image first though before you cut. The way to extend the canvas; go to toolbar>image>resize>canvas size. Anchor your image to one side in this option as well to leave more room for the extended canvas. Afterwards fill the extended canvas by making a selection of it and using paintbucket…any fill will do. As far as making an ‘S’ curve…your steady hand with paintbrush or pencil tool. There is a puzzle texture in PE1 that will give you the lines of a puzzle if that’s what you want. Go to your program files>Adobe>Elements>presets>textures….you’ll find it there. You can just copy the file and open it in Elements. It will show up with a white background…use the magic wand tool to select the background and delete it just so that you are left with the puzzle lines. There I am…going on and on…if you need more help or want to do something in particular just drop another line. Oh, you might be able to find something in the shapes that has an S curve in it that you can modify.
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 19, 2003
Hi Beth, ya ya ya I know. hmmm
NS
Nancy S
Jul 20, 2003
ieee488,

You could also have two copies of your ‘cut’ portion. Apply the Layer Styles Bevel to one copy. Have that copy directly above the plain one and erase edges on three sides. (or might work better other way around, erasing to expose the beveled edge, don’t know without seeing it)

Nancy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections