Posted By
Brad Lightner
Jul 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
My problem has to do with opening a pdf file (which happens to be a schematic) with pe2. If I print the file from Adobe Acrobat the text is perfectly clean, but opening the same page in pe2 distorts the text. It appears pixelized and the edges are not well defined. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Brad

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KW
Kyle White
Jul 18, 2003
Hi Brad,

You’ve got a problem similar to a discussion going on next door at "Images from Microsoft Word".

It sounds like the information held in the PDF is vector information, which PSE2 translates to bitmap, which results in the pixelization you are seeing.

The only thing I can suggest is increasing the resolution and turning off "Anti-aliasing" when importing the PDF into PSE2. That should help keep as much definition as possible.

HTH

Kyl
BL
Brad Lightner
Jul 18, 2003
Hello,

In addition, I know if I change the resolution to 300 dpi the size of the file is almost 300M and at 600 dpi it’s almost 1.2G. It does help clean the text some, but still pixelized. I’ve also tried "save to web" to reduce the file size. It greatly helps reduce the file size but also reduces the quality of the text. I didn’t think I’d have a problem using pe2 for minor editing of schematics and the original file is Adobe pdf. Am I using the wrong software? What program would handle the text correctly?

Thank you, Brad
BT
Ben T
Jul 18, 2003
Kyle
Can you direct me to "Images from Microsoft Word", much appreciated. Ben

"Kyle White" wrote in message
Hi Brad,

You’ve got a problem similar to a discussion going on next door at "Images
from Microsoft Word".
It sounds like the information held in the PDF is vector information,
which PSE2 translates to bitmap, which results in the pixelization you are seeing.
The only thing I can suggest is increasing the resolution and turning off
"Anti-aliasing" when importing the PDF into PSE2. That should help keep as much definition as possible.
HTH

Kyl
KW
Kyle White
Jul 19, 2003
Hi Brad,

Wow, you’re dealing with a "not small" file aren’t you!

Well, if the original is a PDF, then the full Adobe Acrobat package is the "editor" of choice. I suspect, though, that the original was created in something like AutoCAD, CADintosh, or other vector graphics package and then output to PDF. So, ideally, you’d go back to the original package, do your edits, then re-create a PDF file. PDF being a super set of PostScript, isn’t really built for editing.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Kyle
BL
Brad Lightner
Jul 19, 2003
Hello Kyle,

Thank you for your info. Maybe I can get the orignal files from our drafting department and they probably are done in Autocad. It still seems strange to have a pdf file where the text is completely clear and solid,that when opening it with another adobe product, that the text is distorted. The orignal documents are 40 x ??.

Thank you,
Brad

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections