DC
Posted By
dave.cuthill
Jun 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay so once I have all the images into the document in separate layers how do I simultaneously erase all instances of a specific color
from all layers? Can’t seem to determine if this is possible and if possible how to do.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
KatWoman
Jun 12, 2007
I told you to get rid of the backgrounds first by setting up an action on the whole folder of images>>>>
before you made 100 layers

someone else said CS 3 can do it to all at once
(maybe Image Ready can do this by matte options too?)
but you only have Elements, I have PS CS

on your own now

wrote in message
Okay so once I have all the images into the document in separate layers how do I simultaneously erase all instances of a specific color
from all layers? Can’t seem to determine if this is possible and if possible how to do.
DC
dave.cuthill
Jun 13, 2007
Listen I am not a super user in photoshop – I didn’t realise that this was already addressed in one of the other responses. My original question was to be able import multiple images into numerous layers which does not seem to be feasible with elements.
My new related question speaks to something that I would think to be obvious with any version of photoshop … it would seem obvious to me that if you can create multiple layers then you should be able simultaneously do something simple like delete a specific color across all of the layers in any version of photoshop.

Sorry to be such a bother.

On Jun 12, 4:51 pm, "KatWoman" wrote:
I told you to get rid of the backgrounds first by setting up an action on the whole folder of images>>>>

on your own now

wrote in message

from all layers? Can’t seem to determine if this is possible and if possible how to do.- Hide quoted text –

– Show quoted text –
B
bazwillrunREMOVE
Jun 13, 2007
" it would seem obvious to me
that if you can create multiple layers then you should be able simultaneously do something simple like delete a specific color across all of the layers in any version of photoshop."

if its that obvious and that simple, then how comes you cant figure it out then ?!

wrote in message
Listen I am not a super user in photoshop – I didn’t realise that this was already addressed in one of the other responses. My original question was to be able import multiple images into numerous layers which does not seem to be feasible with elements.
My new related question speaks to something that I would think to be obvious with any version of photoshop … it would seem obvious to me that if you can create multiple layers then you should be able simultaneously do something simple like delete a specific color across all of the layers in any version of photoshop.

on your own now

wrote in message

from all layers? Can’t seem to determine if this is possible and if possible how to do.- Hide quoted text –

– Show quoted text –

DC
dave.cuthill
Jun 13, 2007
Thanks for the constructive comments.

On Jun 12, 10:16 pm, "Dr. Hackenbush"
wrote:
" it would seem obvious to me
that if you can create multiple layers then you should be able simultaneously do something simple like delete a specific color across all of the layers in any version of photoshop."

if its that obvious and that simple, then how comes you cant figure it out then ?!

wrote in message

on your own now

wrote in message

– Show quoted text — Hide quoted text –

– Show quoted text –
I
Infinitech
Jun 13, 2007
wrote:

Maybe in Elements there is also the "magic eraser" (witch is a never-been-used-by-anyone tool)
It’s like a magic wand but with the effect of erasing the image with the setting of tolerance and also
the setting of "use all the layers" that will fits you this tool is "under" the basic eraser, it’s quite simple to use, check if this exists in Elements.

You can also use the magic wand, with also "use all layers" checked and then the selection made, CTRL+X to erase.
Sure there is many other ways to do…

HTH

Infinitech
DC
dave.cuthill
Jun 13, 2007
Thanks I’ll try that.

On Jun 13, 12:55 am, "Infinitech" wrote:
wrote:

Maybe in Elements there is also the "magic eraser" (witch is a never-been-used-by-anyone tool)
It’s like a magic wand but with the effect of erasing the image with the setting of tolerance and also
the setting of "use all the layers" that will fits you this tool is "under" the basic eraser, it’s quite simple to use, check if this exists in Elements.

You can also use the magic wand, with also "use all layers" checked and then the selection made, CTRL+X to erase.

HTH

Infinitech
DC
dave.cuthill
Jun 13, 2007
The use all layers check box does not seem to have an effect on this. I have tried linking all the layers as well and checking use all layers and it also does not make a difference. Any other suggestions?

wrote:

HTH

Infinitech
M
Mike
Jun 14, 2007
In article , says…
The use all layers check box does not seem to have an effect on this. I have tried linking all the layers as well and checking use all layers and it also does not make a difference. Any other suggestions?
wrote:
….
The use all layers in the magic wand just means it uses all visible parts of all layers, for example if you have a blue
spot on th etop layer and a transparent region in the top layer with a similar blue showing below on a second layer,
then the wand with use all layers checked will select both blue, with it unchecked it will only select the blue on the
top layer. Of course once you have selected it, then a cut will cut the selected area on the top layer only. I don’t
think there is any way to cut hidden layers, or even the visible bits of non-selected layers in this sort of way.

Do you really need to do this though? Seems to me that if you wish to ‘remove’ a specific colour from each of every
layer it is better to keep the layers as seperate files and use a batch process on each file separately. Is this an
option?

Mike
K
KatWoman
Jun 14, 2007
"Mike" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
wrote:

The use all layers in the magic wand just means it uses all visible parts of all layers, for example if you have a blue
spot on th etop layer and a transparent region in the top layer with a similar blue showing below on a second layer,
then the wand with use all layers checked will select both blue, with it unchecked it will only select the blue on the
top layer. Of course once you have selected it, then a cut will cut the selected area on the top layer only. I don’t
think there is any way to cut hidden layers, or even the visible bits of non-selected layers in this sort of way.

Do you really need to do this though? Seems to me that if you wish to ‘remove’ a specific colour from each of every
layer it is better to keep the layers as seperate files and use a batch process on each file separately. Is this an
option?

Mike

from his first post:

wrote in message
I want to import all the images into multiple layers – the images are of the same stationary but rotating object which I plan to stream together into an animated sequence. I need to edit each image to strip out the background and thought that bringing all of them into the same file would allow me to make the edits quickly and remove the repetition.

It seems to me that your suggestion is still rather labor intensive compared to my goal.

On Jun 7, 8:16 pm, Rob wrote:
wrote:
Is there a way of opening a number of pictures into one Photoshop file
and place the pictures into individual layers – I have 72 pictures that I would like to edit simultaneously. I am using Photoshop Elements.

David

………………………….
snip

and my reply

….does ELEMENTS have actions??
fix one image (remove background etc, record it do it on the entire folder) then create the animation?

…..
might be better to export as numbered sequence and animate in MM flash??

and you said the same after 20 other unhelpful posts
back to square one

layer it is better to keep the layers as separate files and use a batch process on each file separately. Is this an
option?
then from OP : I didn’t realize that this
was already addressed in one of the other responses.

sigh
waste of typing
OK try to read responses first
determine if the advisor is someone worth listening to (HINT: Mike R is one) then try the technique as described >>not how you think it should work
DC
dave.cuthill
Jun 15, 2007
Mike:
Thanks – it appears that elements does not have some of the functionality that I expected it should have had. I am making due with it though it’s just very laborious. I appreciate your patient and thoughtful response.

On Jun 13, 10:15 pm, Mike wrote:
In article , says…

wrote:

option?

Mike- Hide quoted text –

– Show quoted text –

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections