AS
Posted By
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have two computers setup to work from the same keyboard and on the same monitor.

The old G4 runs on bootable 9.2.2 only so that I can run legacy programs like Fontographer) and is connected to the scanner; while the G5 runs Panther and Classic.

Both computers are linked though a router and have file-sharing activated so that I can reach all of the HDs on each of them from the other one. The set-up works very well.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Feb 10, 2004
David…

Just a plugin management suggestion, here.

Create a new folder inside your Photoshop folder and name it something like "3rd-Party Plugins ƒ." Install any non-Adobe plugins in that folder, then point to it as a secondary plugins folder in your preferences.

As for your general problems, I don’t know what to tell you. Perhaps do a full complete reinstall of everything?

I just moved from OS 9.2.2 to Panther on a new machine, Xmas day. I dragged everything, lock, stock and barrel—visible and invisible files—from my old hard drive to the hard drive on my new machine, and, except for a few serial number connections that didn’t survive the trip, everything seems to be working just fine in Photoshop 7.0.1. Yes, I had to re-tweak some of my custom settings and reload a couple things, but generally, the move went pretty smoothly. My plugins under KPT 3.0, 5.0 and 6.0 all work just fine. No reloading necessary. Unbderstand also that I’m using Photoshop almost exclusively in the Classic environment because of the legacy plugins.

I had to completely reinstall and update InDesign 2.x, but that’s a different story. It went smoothly as well.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections