G
Posted By
gstotar
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve recently formatted my pc and… surprise! Photoshop 7 won’t run. It stops at "loading fonts" screen, causing a system crash: ctrl+alt+del doesn’t function and I have to reset (terrible, isn’t it?!). I’ve already tried all I was able of. I haven’t installed any non-original-windowsME fonts. I’ve reinstalled Photoshop 7 many times. I have deleted prefs, fonts, common file adobe subdirectories, register info, without any result. PS magically functions 2-3 times every 20-30 crashes. I suspect a correlation with my internet connection, but perhaps it’s only an effect of my altered perceptions dued to my without-sleep-nights. I’ve installed Acrobat Reader 6, too, and it gives up the same problem.
Before asking the same question to Gates or ‘Mr. Adobe’, I thought to tell you my dilemma… Thank you for any advice!
Michele

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Dec 31, 2003
Si3Ge wrote:
I’ve recently formatted my pc and… surprise! Photoshop 7 won’t run. It stops at "loading fonts" screen, causing a system crash: ctrl+alt+del doesn’t function and I have to reset (terrible, isn’t it?!). I’ve already tried all I was able of. I haven’t installed any non-original-windowsME fonts. I’ve reinstalled Photoshop 7 many times. I have deleted prefs, fonts, common file adobe subdirectories, register info, without any result. PS magically functions 2-3 times every 20-30 crashes. I suspect a correlation with my internet connection, but perhaps it’s only an effect of my altered perceptions dued to my without-sleep-nights. I’ve installed Acrobat Reader 6, too, and it gives up the same problem.
Before asking the same question to Gates or ‘Mr. Adobe’, I thought to tell you my dilemma… Thank you for any advice!
Michele

Most likely you have one or more corrupted fonts. If you can’t tell from the splash screen which they are, you will have determine it by removing all of them and reinstalling them one by one and starting Photoshop until the culprit is found. A font management utility might help in this.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
J
jamesstep
Dec 31, 2003
Most likely you have one or more corrupted fonts.
If you can’t tell from the splash screen which they
are, you will have determine it by removing all of
them and reinstalling them one by one and starting
Photoshop until the culprit is found.

Rather than testing them one-by-one, a faster method
would be to test in batches. Divide your fonts into 2 groups and test to see which group contains the problem font(s). Then divide the problem group into 2 and test again, and so forth with smaller and smaller groups until you zero
in on the problem.

James

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
G
gstotar
Dec 31, 2003
Most likely you have one or more corrupted fonts.

I’ve not other fonts except windows-fonts such as times new roman, arial, courier, sans serif and tahoma (i can’t delete theese, they don’t disappear when I delete them)… I’ve just formatted my pc few weeks ago. So, what I could do?
L
lkrz
Dec 31, 2003
I’ve not other fonts except windows-fonts such as times new roman, arial, courier, sans serif and tahoma (i can’t delete theese, they don’t disappear when I delete them)… I’ve just formatted my pc few weeks ago. So, what I could do?

Do a "find" on adobefnt.lst
Delete all the copies that are found.
Then reboot and restart photoshop.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections