L
Posted By
lgreen2001
Jul 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am contemlating a new printer and have been impressed with what I have seen of the Epson C82……it has the highest resolution of any I have seen……On the other hand, there is also the 825, which is a photo printer…..not as much resolution but borderless print capability and it has PIM technonlogy……
My camera is not PIM compatible but my scanner is……
Will the PIM printer give me prints that match what I see on the monitor even though the camera is not PIM?
If anyone can tell me the answer to this it will help me greatly…. The salesperson told me that PIM will print what I see on the screen , but the info I read seems to indicate that it only works if the camera is PIM compatible….anyone know "for sure" if there will be any advantage to getting the PIM printer if the camera is not PIM?
Thanks,
Lynn

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 9, 2003
here <http://www.mybizz.net/l/w/lwsfrye/PIM.jpg> is a page out of my printer manual…brief but to the point.
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 9, 2003
What happens if you change contrast and colour in Elements before printing? Will it still refer to the original colours and contrast?

Leen
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 9, 2003
Leen, i don’t have a PIm equipped camera so i have not done any testing on this subject with my printer….although your question is very interesting and has stirred a few cells. Although the option is there to use PIM or not when printing so it makes me want to run out and get a PIM equipped camera just to see… ( more like play ). Thanks
L
lgreen2001
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks Jodi and Leen……this still does not address the scanner/printer issue……..it seems there is not much out there that does address the issue…….I have wondered the same thing Leen……..since one has some control over color settings, etc, just how does this work?

Thanks again, both of you………

Lynn

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections