P
Posted By
Phosphor
Jul 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How does a Mac G3 333mhz compare to a 800 mhz P3 PC?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

HD
hot_denim
Jul 16, 2003
Has anyone used both ?. I doubt it.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 16, 2003
ed, post in the mac forum too if you haven’t already…
P
Phosphor
Jul 16, 2003
I have both a Mac G3 333MHz (OS9) and an Intel PIII 650MHz (Win2000) on my desk at work, Photoshop 5.5 on each.

I never use the Mac. It’s a slug.
BL
Bill Lamp
Jul 16, 2003
Ed,

This would require a test Mother Board by Mother Board and possibly memory chip brand/model as well.

As far as I know, all G3s with the same hardware would perform real close to each other on the same test.

That is NOT true over on the PC side where it would be easy to have five different 800 mHz P3s with the only thing in common being the CPU and basic operating system. Throw in different BIOS chips, support chip sets, and different operating systems and it only gets worse. MUCH worse.

Right now, that chip is probably in Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP professional/office, NT in several "flavors", and many different Linux versions boxes.

Take a look in a computer magazine when they side by side test computers that, on CPU model, should perform about the same. You will be surprised at the different bench mark speeds for the same CPU.

I hope you get your answer. Good luck.

Bill
P
Phosphor
Jul 16, 2003
Thanks for the info guys.

We’ve run into a problem here that requires the use of a Mac (not I, one of my coworkers, so I don’t know what the problem might be). Anyways, after he’s done with the machine it’s coming to my dept. and I just wanted to know if I should jump on it or stay with the PC that I have now. Sounds like it’s a matter of preference.

Dave,

Just to see what kind of feedback I get I’m going to take your suggestion.

Thanks
DM
dave milbut
Jul 16, 2003
aside from the evangelizing <g>, i’d say you’ll get some good advice. i think there are several switch hitters over there!

dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections