Why do I get default inverse selections when using Quick Mask?

G
Posted By
GraphicsNsuch
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings all,

Weird problem … Every time I use quick mask mode, and then switch back to normal mode, the selection I get is an inverse of the object I actually masked. I usually just corrected this by inverting the selection again which gave me the selection I wanted.

But this doesn’t work for everything. For example, If I draw an eliptical marquee on an image, and then switch to quick mask mode (which should fill the inside of the marquee with red) the inside of the elipse I’ve drawn is is white, and everything else is red, and I can not invert this. Does anyone know what’s going on? Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
norm
Aug 21, 2004
Try double clicking on the quick mask icon in the tools palette and then selecting what you want the quick mask to do. You have 2 choices, the red will be the selection or the masked area.

"GraphicsNsuch" wrote in message
Greetings all,

Weird problem … Every time I use quick mask mode, and then switch back to normal mode, the selection I get is an inverse of the object I actually masked. I usually just corrected this by inverting the selection again which gave me the selection I wanted.

But this doesn’t work for everything. For example, If I draw an eliptical marquee on an image, and then switch to quick mask mode (which should fill the inside of the marquee with red) the inside of the elipse I’ve drawn is is white, and everything else is red, and I can not invert this. Does anyone know what’s going on? Thanks.
G
GraphicsNsuch
Aug 21, 2004
Worked very nicely! Thank you.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:41:05 -0400, "wnor" wrote:

Try double clicking on the quick mask icon in the tools palette and then selecting what you want the quick mask to do. You have 2 choices, the red will be the selection or the masked area.

"GraphicsNsuch" wrote in message
Greetings all,

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections