CS
Posted By
Chuck Snyder
Jul 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Pete: I love your images! Especially the birds, of course…

The top middle image on page 1, the bird in the surf: I’m trying to ID it. Could that be a juvenile American Oystercatcher? The chunky bill sure makes it look like one…

Chuck

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Jul 3, 2003
Pete, we have ospreys visiting here in large numbers in the winter and spring, but alas, no nesting pairs. Awesome birds, particularly when they dive for that fish and then fly with the fish pointed straight ahead to reduce drag…

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Chuck
M
maccie
Jul 3, 2003
Pete, Chuck, I must have missed the link. Could you please share it again? Thanks.

Maccie
JC
Jane Carter
Jul 3, 2003
Great pictures!
We do have a lot of Ospreys here too, and sadly a couple built a nest on a utility pole by the beach and one of them got killed. Must have touched the wires.
They always build their nests on the navagation buoys, there is one right at the entrance of our harbor, and yesterday they said "Get that darn boat away from us!" in Osprey language to me and my husband. I think I got a super picture, but it is my film cam, as I don’t take the digicam out in the boat.
Last week one had a fish(flounder) that was so big that the bird was flying on a 45 degree angle, thought he would never get back to the nest.
Jane
PD
Pete D
Jul 3, 2003
"Jane Carter" > Great pictures!
Last week one had a fish(flounder) that was so big that the bird was
flying on a 45 degree angle, thought he would never get back to the nest.

Thanks Jane. (They are funny when they are "overloaded" with a fish).

Pete
B
bluegaga
Jul 3, 2003
Pete…I think your gallery is lovely and some good "funnies", also.

You have wonderful material to work with and have done a superior job with photograph it…birds are fantastic shots! Dorothy
S
Stingray
Jul 3, 2003
Hi All
I missed the URL can you repost it
Thanks

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:55:24 -0700, "D. Brinkmann" wrote:

Pete…I think your gallery is lovely and some good "funnies", also.
You have wonderful material to work with and have done a superior job with photograph it…birds are fantastic shots! Dorothy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections