CR
Posted By
Chet Rothwell
Jul 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This may have already been asked and answered – please have patience with a newbie. Thinking of buying Corel’s KnockOut 2 (on sale) as a plugin for my PSE 2 (on WinXP). Anyone have any experience with this? Does it work?
Thanks all, Chet.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 1, 2003
Ray

I attended a Corel demo some time ago now where they showed Knockout both under Corel and Photoshop. It is very similar to the extract command that comes with full version of Photoshop and is very useful for extracting images from complicated backgrounds. Thus far I am happy with Photoshops extract and see no reason to justify the additional expense for purchasing knockout.

Dave
R
Ray
Jul 1, 2003
I wrote to Corel about it, and the response I got was that they did not tested Knockout under Elements. It was design to run uder full Photoshop.

Ray
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 1, 2003
I’ve never learned to use it, but I have KnockOut 2 installed under Elements 2.
Seems to work fine.

Mac
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 2, 2003
Maybe I *should*, Jodie…

I got both versions 1/2 for next to nothing, long story. Never have really had ocassion to learn/use it.

Mac
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 2, 2003
Who is Vector?
My Knockout 2 is by Procreate.

Mac
DS
Dick Smith
Jul 2, 2003
Mac,

Evidently Corel bought out Procreate. If you go to procreate.com you end up at the Corel site.

Dick
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 2, 2003
http://www.graphics.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=vie warticle&artid=61

Ah, thanks for the catchup, Ray.

Yeah, I go way back with "Corel/Novell", all the way back to WordPerfect for DOS.

Another blunder they didn’t mention was when Corel discontinued the fine Photo CD libraries. Sold the images/rights to Hemera, who hasn’t really done anything with them either.

These things sell used on eBay often for more than they did originally from Corel. Millions of dollars worth have been sold there.

Mac
CR
Chet Rothwell
Jul 2, 2003
Thanks all for the feedback. Jury seems to be still mostly out. (The Corel discussion group on the same subject appears to be equally underwhelmed by the same question). Guess I’ll keep playing with what I have.

Chet

(Remember the command template we used to need for Word Perfect 5.1?)
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 2, 2003
Chet,

Can you send the address for the Corel newsgroup ? I have other products from Corel (Painter 8) but never found their forum site.

Thanks!

Ray
R
Ray
Jul 3, 2003
Thanks Mac!

Ray
CR
Chet Rothwell
Jul 5, 2003
Ray–

Mac’s right. Easiest way to Corel news
groups is: corel.com/support/newsgroups.

For you former WordPerfect fans, they now advertise that WP 11 has a "classic" mode that allows you to emulate version 5.1, blue screen and all. (sigh–)

Chet
R
Ray
Jul 5, 2003
Chet,

Thanks, I’ve already checked the newsgroup (Painter 8) 🙂

As for WP11… well, When the first WP for Windows arrived, I lost so many documents that I switched to Microsoft Office. Since then, I’ve never lost a document. Sorry WP, but… 😉

Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections