B
Posted By
Bernie
Jul 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A simple question for the pros. I want to create a gradient that goes from red on the left to white in the middle to blue on the right. How is this accomplished? I vaguely remember doing it a long time ago, but just can’t remember. Can’t find the customizing setting to add additional colors to a fade. Thanks for your advice.

Tom

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
joshernaut
Jul 16, 2003
All you do is in the gradient window, click on the gradient color line in the middle, and when the new guide shows up you click it and then go to the color drop down box and select the new color.(rough explanation)

<Tom Walace> wrote in message
A simple question for the pros. I want to create a gradient that goes from
red on the left to white in the middle to blue on the right. How is this accomplished? I vaguely remember doing it a long time ago, but just can’t remember. Can’t find the customizing setting to add additional colors to a fade. Thanks for your advice.
Tom
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 16, 2003
Tom,

Look at the gradient fills that are loaded by default with PS. Do this…

Open or create any image; then in the layers pallet, click the Adjustment Layer button (half black half white circle), then choose Gradient.

You are presented with a dialog box. Click the dropdown and you will see variations on your request. Choose one, then Click the picture of the gradient in the dialog to edit it. Study that screen in how they achieved multi-color gradients, and you should be golden.

Peace,
Tony
CW
Colin Walls
Jul 16, 2003
Tony:
Maybe Tom is smarter than me, but I can’t see how to get from your advice to what he wants. He wants a red-white-blue gradient and I still don’t see how to make one.
SM
Seth Meranda
Jul 16, 2003
This is how I do it:

Open the image you want to apply the gradient and select the gradient tool. On the top of the window, select the linear gradient. Then click on the image of the gradient in the upper left corner, this will pop open the gradient editor. This is where you customize every gradient. Select the tab on the bottom left of the gradient bar, and change the color to red. Add a tab in the middle of the gradient bar and change it to white. Finally change the bottom right tab to blue. HTH

Seth Meranda
smeranda<AT>unlnotes<DOT>unl<DOT>edu

"Colin Walls" wrote in message
Tony:
Maybe Tom is smarter than me, but I can’t see how to get from your advice to what he wants. He wants a red-white-blue gradient and I still don’t see how to make one.
CW
Colin Walls
Jul 16, 2003
Seth:
I am informed. Thank you. And I’m sure Tom is too.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 16, 2003
Wait a minute. Here’s all I did.

New Image. Click on Adjustment Layer from the Layers Pallet, and select Gradient.

Do you see a dialog box with a drop down for gradients? Click the dropdown and look at those (or perhaps you have to load them from the default dirctory with the flyout menu – hmmmm hadn’t thought of that).

In any event, all you do is pick one of those and then click on the image of the gradient IN the dialog. That pops up an editing window allowing you to A)modify and existing gradient, and B) save it for future use.

I do it all the time <shrug>.

Peace,
Tony
CW
Colin Walls
Jul 16, 2003
I see, Tony. The same thing, but with the layer instead of the tool. I am learning a lot today …
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 16, 2003
Well, in truth, I can’t use the tool. I don’t understand it well. I know that if I use an adjustment layer, I can change/tweak my gradient at will. Never figured out how to do that with the regular gradient tool. <shrug>

Peace,
Tony
B
Bernie
Jul 17, 2003
Thank you all….Seth, I tried your advice and "dopey me" ……that was as simple as can be….I knew I happened across that somehow before…and that was it. Thanks again.

Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections