Barry_Sumpter
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
150 megs of download for a 30 day trial – fair enough

only looked at the main screen for about 10 seconds to make sure it worked

returned to testing my timesheet software product that I have spent the last three years developing and selling on the internet.

Which is completely and totally centered around date and time functions.

Where I reset the system clock on ‘MY’ computer as ‘I’ see fit. For your info – To test history, project costs, billing cycles, invoicing etc…

Trying to improve my web site by improving on my graphics

looking forward all day to relax and have a play with APCS

run it and get the ‘Trial Expired’.

Must be somthing wrong with the ‘Trial Version’ just like any other Trial Version with date bombs. They run out.

Come here to find users calling users pirates and law breakers.

Users telling users that they have to reformat their hard drive.

Come on… Whos theiving who?

This just isn’t right…

150 megs of my banwidth, 30 mins to an hour to find this user group, signup, search the FAQs, and post this message.

We wouldn’t let MS get away with this…

Why should we let Adobe.

Where have all the bloggers gone ?

Not happy at all….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 18, 2004
Sorry that you are not happy.

The only thing I dislike about Adobe’s system is that I feel a message should come up during the install warning that any change of the system clock (including automatic adjustment) will end the trial.

It was a free trial … you didn’t pay for it. Don’t go feeling so bent out of shape as if the company has somehow shorted you.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
if they let you play with the system clock all you want they’d have to limit the trial in other ways. the old way (version 6) didn’t allow you to print, save or screen capture. the new way (since v7) is fully functional for 30 days IF you don’t mess with the system clock. i agree with don that there should be a big message popup when logging on but ultimately, sorry the fault is yours. what do you expect them to do? if they don’t cripple the sw they have to protect it somehow. if you could run a 600 application for free by changing the date on your computer would you pay for it? (many wouldn’t).

get over it. get over yourself. if you really want to try again, reformat and reinstall. stop whining. life’s too short.
R
Ryadia
Aug 18, 2004
wrote:

returned to testing my timesheet software product that I have spent the last three years developing and selling on the internet.

Where I reset the system clock on ‘MY’ computer as ‘I’ see fit. For your info – To test history, project costs, billing cycles, invoicing etc…

Must be somthing wrong with the ‘Trial Version’ just like any other Trial Version with date bombs. They run out.

This just isn’t right…

150 megs of my banwidth, 30 mins to an hour to find this user group, signup, search the FAQs, and post this message.

Why should we let Adobe.

Not happy at all….

What pisses me of is every time I download some more garbage from Adobe I have to re-activate PS. They really are over the top. This activation crap has probably increased their profits by $100 or so and got a whole lot of people ready to examin *ANY* other photo editing program. I’ll bet Corel are having a bonza time!

Ryadia
B
BobLevine
Aug 18, 2004
Did you have a question?

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
Did you have a question?

sure he did.

the democratic national convention.
Aug 18, 2004
"…any change of the system clock (including automatic adjustment) will end the trial."

Somebody from Adobe a few months ago quite emphatically replied that a computer’s clock AutoSyncing with a network time server will NOT cause the trial version to expire. Without having a system with which to repeatedly test this (which, of course, would require wiping the HD and reloading everything), and the time and energy to do so, it’d be hard to know for sure exactly which clock adjustments will cause the expiration and which won’t.
B
BobLevine
Aug 18, 2004
I believe it’s any manual adjustment. Note that any XP machine that’s online will automatically get clock adjustments and I don’t think that effects the trials. If it did, we’d be hearing a lot more complaints.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 18, 2004
he says he’s writing a timesheet progam and assume that meant manually adjusting the clock repeatedly…

NW
Neville_Wright
Aug 31, 2004
I installed Photoshop CS several months to try and removed it as soon as I discovered it would not work "Trial Expired". Contacted Adobe Sydney who said ‘reformat HDD’. As a professional developer, I replied’ You must be joking!’. I have paid for and purchased a copy, just waiting for delivery and reinstalled CS after the 151mb download on a slow modem (I live in the country). I too am always adjusting the PC date to test my own accounting software. Now I am wondering if the ‘full bottle’ will continue working if I change the date back to before installation. Does Adobe monitor these forums?
Regards
Neville Wright
Queensland, Australia
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 31, 2004
the full version is not time restricted in any way. as a developer you should realize how cool it is that they put out a fully functional program for 30 days. as a developer you might also have noticed that the time lock on the trial version is 3rd party, not adobe (vbox). as a developer you should realize they need to either time lock it or cripple it (ps6 had no print, save or copy to clipboard) in order to let anyone test it.
B
BobLevine
Aug 31, 2004
The only issue you’re likely to have is with activation. You’re probably going to have to reactivate the software when setting the system clock back that far.

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Aug 31, 2004
Dave

PS has used full 30 day trials since version 5.5 at least. I can’t remember which version last used no print/save, but they were before that.
B
BobLevine
Sep 1, 2004
Are you sure? I thought 6.0 was crippled with no time limit.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 1, 2004
PS has used full 30 day trials since version 5.5 at least. I can’t remember which version last used no print/save, but they were before that.

v7 intorduced the vbox software. before that it was no print save or copy.
T
tictac
Oct 6, 2004
1045-0522-7426-8920-3663-8727
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 01:52:10 -0700,
wrote:

This just isn’t right…

Why should we let Adobe.

Not happy at all….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections