W
Posted By
webweever
Aug 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a psd i would like to save as a texture, how do I do it? I’m somewhat new to photoshop.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
bigmatt304
Aug 16, 2004
wrote in message
I have a psd i would like to save as a texture, how do I do it? I’m
somewhat new to photoshop.

It does make a difference which version of PS you are using.On 5.0 you need to flatten the image and save as a tif. . I’m not sure about 6, but 7 or 8 make sure it is a flat image.You can grayscale it, but not necessary. Save as psd. .
Go to filters/texture/load texture and navigate to saved psd. and that’s it.

Size is important here, if your texture doesn’t cover image it will come up as identical squares for the texture. Not always good.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Aug 16, 2004
If you want to apply this texture via the Filter > Texture > Texturizer filter… * Layer > Flatten (if it’s not already a Backgrond-only image) * Image > Mode > Grayscale
* File > Save ###

### Folder for PS 7 (similar for other versions)

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Textures

### Photoshop doesn’t care what folder you put the texture files in. This one is handy because that’s where the Texturizer filter looks by default.

If you use this folder, it might be a good idea to prefix "your" texture file names with unique characters, e.g., #webw-texture 1.psd, #webw-texture 2.psd, etc. This will visually distinguish your files from the Adobe-provided ones.

Another possibility you might consider:
* Select all
* Edit > Define Pattern (assign a unique name)

Then your new pattern can be applied through via a Pattern layer (Layer > New Fill Layer > Pattern). Pattern layers home some flexiblity Texturizer does not.
W
webweever
Aug 16, 2004
That’s exactly what I needed. Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections