Posted By
Warren_Stone
Aug 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,
I recenty trialled Extensis Mask Pro 3. It’s a great product. However, it was a little over the top for me price wise and I decided to stick with the Photoshop Extract Filter. My problem arose when I uninstalled Mask Pro 3. My inbuilt Extract Filter no longer works. Has anyone else had this experience? Can it be rectified without a complete re-install?

Best regards, and thanks,
Warren Stone

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 14, 2004
You should be able to simply reinstall – that’s what I’d do. Installation does not overwrite preferences and unlike most applications it’s reasonably benign.

Peace,
Tony
WS
Warren_Stone
Aug 14, 2004
Thanks Tony

My preference is to not re-install. My copy of CS is an upgrade from Photoshop Elements and the install process is an absolute nuisance (you know how touch Adobe are on the upgrade process).
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 14, 2004
Well, I would still reinstall, but… in version 7 the filter you want is called: Extract.8BF. You might try getting that file and placing in the appropriate folder. I’m in Win98 and on 7 so I can’t tell you where that’ll be on your system, but I found it in Plug-Ins\Adobe Photoshop Only\Filters.

That may not be the problem, but if you’re dead set against installing, it’s worth a shot.

By the way, during the reinstall, you just have to provide the Elements CD when it asks for verification, IIRC. <shrug>

Peace,
Tony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections