J
Posted By
Jethro
Jan 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a devil of a time trying to re-locate palettes. I want to re-arrange them and even lock one onto the bottom of another. I read how I am supposed to be able to move (drag) one palette to the bottom edge of another, release the mouse, and thereby lock the two palettes together. Supposedly as I do this, I should see the bottom edge of the target palette highlight, signaling the lock. I don’t see this. Any ideas why? Or should I say why not? Is there a preference (option) somewhere affecting this?

Thanks

Jethro

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
Jan 26, 2007
Jethro wrote:
I am having a devil of a time trying to re-locate palettes. I want to re-arrange them and even lock one onto the bottom of another. I read how I am supposed to be able to move (drag) one palette to the bottom edge of another, release the mouse, and thereby lock the two palettes together. Supposedly as I do this, I should see the bottom edge of the target palette highlight, signaling the lock. I don’t see this. Any ideas why? Or should I say why not? Is there a preference (option) somewhere affecting this?

Thanks

Jethro
It’s a pain, but once you get the hang it’s fairly easy.

Pull one palette (not combined) by the tab and when you are there you will see a double line highlight on the target palette’s bottom line. If you are not careful you will just add it to the tabs on that palette.

Adobe could have made this easier.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
E
edjh
Jan 26, 2007
edjh wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Thanks

Jethro
Pull one palette (not combined) by the tab and when you are there you will see a double line highlight on the target palette’s bottom line. If you are not careful you will just add it to the tabs on that palette.

Oh yeah, once you have things set the way you want, save it as a Work Space. You will be happy you did, believe me.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
K
KatWoman
Jan 26, 2007
"edjh" wrote in message
edjh wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Thanks

Jethro

Oh yeah, once you have things set the way you want, save it as a Work Space. You will be happy you did, believe me.

I love that feature

my new monitor swivels to vertical
I need to re-place the palettes each time
the "save my workspace" is the BOMB!!!
I keep a couple diff palettes open depending on my task

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections