Low RAM using the Brush Tool with CS? On a 3GB RAM machine.

KT
Posted By
Kay_Tannee
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First of all, I’m running Photoshop CS on Windows XP Pro, on the computer specs below.

Intel P4 3.00ghz
3GB RAM
190GB Free Space for Primary Scatch Disk, not the same as Windows Page files. (Total HD accross machine 1TB)

Photoshop 7.0 ran fine, great even. Photoshop CS runs fine, along as I don’t open File Browser which in CS runs terrible too. But recently the most annoying problem has been CS running out of RAM all the time. I can open up hundreds of photographs of varying sizes, 1GB PSD files no problem. But if I try and use the paintbrush tool of a size over 900 it wont let me telling me I’m out of RAM, regardless what I have open. Can try it on a 1x1px document fresh after reboot and still says the same. Yet, it works perfectly with a brush size of 800 or less. I also can’t use Radial blur, or Texturiser and a number of other things without getting an out of ram popup. Its absoloutly rediclous.

Theres nothing else running in background thats hogging up lots of RAM either, Looking on Task Manager Photoshop is barely using 100MB on mem usuage.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 10, 2004
What percentage of memory did you allocate to Photoshop in preferences?

And have you tried resetting preferences?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections