TO
Posted By
The One
Nov 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the Rectangular Marquee Tool in CS2 and drag it to the bottom of the image, the whole image pops up out of view . It does not happen in Photoshop 7.
Has anyone got any clues as how to use the tool and not have the image shoot off the workspace?
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
no
Nov 15, 2006
Marco wrote:
When I use the Rectangular Marquee Tool in CS2 and drag it to the bottom of the image, the whole image pops up out of view . It does not happen in Photoshop 7.
Has anyone got any clues as how to use the tool and not have the image shoot off the workspace?
Thanks.

When I purchased CS2, I found it had a lot of bugs, that have been fixed. Make sure you have the latest updates of both Photoshop and the Bridge by selecting Help->updates. The updates seemed to clean everything up. You should at least have Photoshop 9.0.2 and Bridge
1.0.4.6. Check Help->About for the version number. I think I had to
install 9.0.1 before installing 9.0.2. It’s all automagic and easy to do.

JH
R
Rob
Nov 16, 2006
Jim Hawkins wrote:
Marco wrote:

Thanks.

When I purchased CS2, I found it had a lot of bugs, that have been fixed. Make sure you have the latest updates of both Photoshop and the Bridge by selecting Help->updates. The updates seemed to clean everything up. You should at least have Photoshop 9.0.2 and Bridge
1.0.4.6. Check Help->About for the version number. I think I had to
install 9.0.1 before installing 9.0.2. It’s all automagic and easy to do.
JH

"The Adobe Photoshop 9.0.2 update fixes a number of problems discovered after Photoshop CS2 (9.0) was released. The Photoshop 9.0.2 update includes all the fixes contained in the earlier Photoshop 9.0.1 update. Therefore, it is not necessary to apply the 9.0.1 update prior to running the 9.0.2 update on Photoshop CS2."

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3446
T
Tom
Nov 17, 2006
Thanks for your replies.
I just installed v9.0.2 update and it did nothing to improve the image flying off the screen in ‘fit screen’ mode.
I’m not the only one with this problem and it’s bloody annoying. I still need help
thanks
Marco
============================================

"Rob" wrote in message
Jim Hawkins wrote:
Marco wrote:

Thanks.

When I purchased CS2, I found it had a lot of bugs, that have been fixed. Make sure you have the latest updates of both Photoshop and the Bridge by selecting Help->updates. The updates seemed to clean everything up. You should at least have Photoshop 9.0.2 and Bridge 1.0.4.6. Check Help->About for the version number. I think I had to install 9.0.1 before installing 9.0.2. It’s all automagic and easy to do.
JH

"The Adobe Photoshop 9.0.2 update fixes a number of problems discovered after Photoshop CS2 (9.0) was released. The Photoshop 9.0.2 update includes all the fixes contained in the earlier Photoshop 9.0.1 update. Therefore, it is not necessary to apply the 9.0.1 update prior to running the 9.0.2 update on Photoshop CS2."

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3446
J
joe
Nov 17, 2006
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:59:06 GMT, "Tom" wrote:

Thanks for your replies.
I just installed v9.0.2 update and it did nothing to improve the image flying off the screen in ‘fit screen’ mode.
I’m not the only one with this problem and it’s bloody annoying. I still need help
thanks
Marco

Can you reproduce this behavior on mulitple images?
T
Tom
Nov 17, 2006
this behaviour only happens when I’m using ‘Full screen mode with menu bar’.

============================================================ ======

wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:59:06 GMT, "Tom" wrote:
Thanks for your replies.
thanks
Marco

Can you reproduce this behavior on mulitple images?
J
joe
Nov 17, 2006
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:38:46 GMT, "Tom" wrote:

I was able to reproduce it here too.
It seems that in ‘Full screen mode with menu bar’ mode, PS treats the image as if it is on a larger canvas.

The only fix I could find was simply not to use that screen mode. Are there any advantages to using that mode vs. the standard screen mode with a maximized window? The small loss of real estate to the window ‘frame’ is a fine tradeoff to stop the annoying scrolling action.
T
Tom
Nov 17, 2006
yes there are advantages using ‘Full screen mode with menu bar’ mode……….one is that when working on the extreme edges of the image the tools work a lot easier………….except only for the Rectangular Marquee tool………which makes the image fly off the work area. ………….so far my best way to avoid this happening is to reduce the size of the image so that the Marquee tool does no get close to the edge of the screen , which makes the marquee tool scroll the image off the screen…………….. what I did was go in General preferences…….>>> and tick the box that say…….Zoom with scroll wheel……….by doing this , I can quickly zoom to a small image size any time I want to use the marquee tool. ……..but this is only a remedy and not a fix.

This problem did not occur in my PS 7……….only in my CS2.

======================================================
"Joe Schmoe" wrote in message

It seems that in ‘Full screen mode with menu bar’ mode, PS treats the image as if it is on a larger canvas.

The only fix I could find was simply not to use that screen mode. Are there any advantages to using that mode vs. the standard screen mode with a maximized window? The small loss of real estate to the window ‘frame’ is a fine tradeoff to stop the annoying scrolling action.
K
KatWoman
Nov 18, 2006
"Tom" wrote in message
yes there are advantages using ‘Full screen mode with menu bar’ mode……….one is that when working on the extreme edges of the image the tools work a lot easier………….except only for the Rectangular Marquee tool………which makes the image fly off the work area. ………….so far my best way to avoid this happening is to reduce the size of the image so that the Marquee tool does no get close to the edge of the screen , which makes the marquee tool scroll the image off the screen……………..
what I did was go in General preferences…….>>> and tick the box that say…….Zoom with scroll wheel……….by doing this , I can quickly zoom to a small image size any time I want to use the marquee tool. ……..but this is only a remedy and not a fix.

Is this a Windows problem or on Mac’s too?
have you looked into the mouse acceleration speed? and other choices in the mouse driver interface?
have you loaded a mouse specific driver (check for an updated version for your model) not just the default OS one??

in my mouse driver I can select different ways of scrolling and one of the methods it uses is to speed up the movement (acceleration) as you move it (maybe shut that off?)
another to auto find the buttons on a gui, controls speed and variables of the wheel.etc
I don’t have CS but I notice this "jumping" in CS too, I wasn’t thinking it was a PS error though but a mouse movement issue???
T
Tom
Nov 18, 2006
I just tried turning off my mouse acceleration off and it did not make any difference……..

and >>……………here is what someone else told me…………>No it’s not your mouse. Apparently it’s the same bit a code that has been passed down through several versions of the program without being adjusted to take account of faster procesor speeds.
Hopefully this will be addressed in CS3.

this may explain why the problem exists,,,although I still don’t know and I hope photoshop put out a fix for it in a new update to change PS9 to v9.0.3

==================================================
"KatWoman" wrote in message
"Tom" wrote in message
yes there are advantages using ‘Full screen mode with menu bar’ mode……….one is that when working on the extreme edges of the image the tools work a lot easier………….except only for the Rectangular Marquee tool………which makes the image fly off the work area. ………….so far my best way to avoid this happening is to reduce the size of the image so that the Marquee tool does no get close to the edge of the screen , which makes the marquee tool scroll the image off the screen……………..
what I did was go in General preferences…….>>> and tick the box that say…….Zoom with scroll wheel……….by doing this , I can quickly zoom to a small image size any time I want to use the marquee tool. ……..but this is only a remedy and not a fix.

Is this a Windows problem or on Mac’s too?
have you looked into the mouse acceleration speed? and other choices in the mouse driver interface?
have you loaded a mouse specific driver (check for an updated version for your model) not just the default OS one??

in my mouse driver I can select different ways of scrolling and one of the methods it uses is to speed up the movement (acceleration) as you move it (maybe shut that off?)
another to auto find the buttons on a gui, controls speed and variables of the wheel.etc
I don’t have CS but I notice this "jumping" in CS too, I wasn’t thinking it was a PS error though but a mouse movement issue???

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections