How do I get rid of dotted line box around text?

CT
Posted By
Chris_Thomes
Aug 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use the text tool, there is a dotted line that appears with anchor points on the corners while I type. This dotted line box appears when I edit the type, too. I’ve also noticed that if I send my file to someone else, when he or she edits the type, it’s still there, but when they make a new text layer, they have no dotted line box.

How do I turn this off?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 2, 2004
Switch to the move tool, uncheck the second checkbox (show bounding box)
CT
Chris_Thomes
Aug 2, 2004
Pierre —

The dotted line box is actually present while I type using the text tool. I did try your advice – the bounding box checkmark was already unchecked. No luck…
RS
rrose_selavy
Aug 2, 2004
The dotted lines will be visible if you’ve dragged out a text box regardless of whether the bounding box is selected or not.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 2, 2004
Ah, yes, the text box… you are maybe clicking and dragging instead of just clicking.
CT
Chris_Thomes
Aug 2, 2004
That’s it! Thanks for the help – I appreciate it!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections