AK
Posted By
anna_keynow
Oct 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys, long time no post but still lurking.
I’m trying to create the effect that one gets with a paintroller. Do you know what I mean? You know how on the first roll (usually on a slightly textured surface), the paint goes on thick and quickly thins out. I’ve tried using a gradient, and that works but only up to a point. I’d like the impression of texture. I’ve tried adding noise, and again, not quite what I’m looking for.
Hints or ideas? Even a tutorial? It’s going to be used as a logo on letterheads and maybe on a car door for a friends painting business. Thanks again.
-+Anna+-

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
Kingdom
Oct 18, 2006
+Anna+- wrote in
news::

I’m trying to create the effect that one gets with a paintroller. Do you know what I mean? You know how on the first roll (usually on a slightly textured surface), the paint goes on thick and quickly thins out. I’ve tried using a gradient, and that works but only up to a point. I’d like the impression of texture. I’ve tried adding noise, and again, not quite what I’m looking for.
Hints or ideas? Even a tutorial? It’s going to be used as a logo on letterheads and maybe on a car door for a friends painting business. Thanks again.
-+Anna+-

Think this might be what you are looking for:

http://www.creativemac.com/2002/10_oct/features/download1021 004.htm

But you would probably get a much better effect taking a roller over an old brick wall for texture and photographing it.

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
———————————————————— ————
AK
anna_keynow
Oct 18, 2006
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:58:46 GMT, Kingdom
wrote:

+Anna+- wrote in

-+Anna+-

But you would probably get a much better effect taking a roller over an old brick wall for texture and photographing it.

Hey, that’s really cool. Cheers for taking the time to find this for me.
I actually thought I’d found, at least, a partial solution for the person whose seeking my assistance.
I made a gradient, and then went to filter -> sketch -> reticulation. Phoned my friend and he said that was exactly the effect he had in mind. All the same, I hadn’t seen your post prior to this. It’s funny how the seemingly simplest effects can allude us, at times. Thanks again,
-+Anna+-
N
noone
Oct 18, 2006
In article ,
says…
+Anna+- wrote in

-+Anna+-

Good link, thanks. I’d have just stuck the image into Painter (or created it there), but for those, who do not have that program, this comes really close. Plus, it’s always nice to do a job on just one app.

Hunt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections