CR
Posted By
CJ_Ryan
Jul 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a fairly large .PDF file (over 100 mb) and I’m trying to convert RGB to CMYK in layers. It either stops responding or says scratch disk is full. I’ve followed the scratch disk full suggestions and still no luck. Would it help if I saved the file as a .psd and tried to convert? Other suggestions?

Thanx.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobLevine
Jul 29, 2004
Where did the PDF come from?

Bob
CR
CJ_Ryan
Jul 29, 2004
I created it in photoshop 6.
B
BobLevine
Jul 29, 2004
System specs might help here.

Bob
PF
Peter_Figen
Jul 29, 2004
It would help if you flattened the image and had only a background layer to convert. It’s never advisable to try and convert layered files intact. Something often gets sideways in the process, with blending modes and color corrections not carrying over. If you’re still having scratch disc problems, then add another drive and designate that as added scratch.

If you absolutely need your layers, you may be able to split each layer off into a separate file, convert them, and recombine them as layers in CMYK. Depending on how many layers, it’ll either be a piece of cake or a royal pain in the butt.
CR
CJ_Ryan
Jul 29, 2004
Peter,

Thanx for the help. I’m going to break down the file and try it that way.

CJ

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections