P
Posted By
Phil
Sep 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have developed a website for a realty company which uploads images of properties for sale. When an image is uploaded, some java calls are made on the server, which resizes the image down to 300 pixels wide.

Some of the time, my client will crop or otherwise edit files in Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 before uploading them. Whenever an edited file is uploaded and resized by the server, the colors get totally screwed-up! It appears as though the colors may be inverted.

I asked the client to send me one of the edited files via e-mail. It looked absolutely fine, but when I uploaded it, the colours went weird again. As a test, I took the same edited file, opened it in a graphic utility program (SnagIt), and saved it without making changes. When I uploaded that file, it was fine!

Does anybody know what Photoshop Album Starter Edition might be doing? Are there any settings in the program that could avoid the problem?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Tacit
Sep 18, 2006
In article ,
"Phil" wrote:

Some of the time, my client will crop or otherwise edit files in Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 before uploading them. Whenever an edited file is uploaded and resized by the server, the colors get totally screwed-up! It appears as though the colors may be inverted.
I asked the client to send me one of the edited files via e-mail. It looked absolutely fine, but when I uploaded it, the colours went weird again. As a test, I took the same edited file, opened it in a graphic utility program (SnagIt), and saved it without making changes. When I uploaded that file, it was fine!

Does anybody know what Photoshop Album Starter Edition might be doing? Are there any settings in the program that could avoid the problem?

It sounds like there are two possibilities:

1. The files are CMYK, not RGB; or

2. Photoshop is saving a color profile in the files, and the Java app does not understand how to deal with color profiles.

Make absolutely sure that the files are RGB and are saved without profiles.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections