Posted By
mistral
Sep 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
where is tutorial for Photoshop 6(or 7.0) how to cut out the figure? I need
cut out one figure, must be cut around it precisely, with image magnification, if required. Need it look natural cut out.

thx

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
Aaron
Sep 7, 2006
mistral wrote:
cut out one figure, must be cut around it precisely, with image magnification, if required. Need it look natural cut out.
thx

Search on Google for "photoshop masking techniques," there are many different ways to do what you want. Find the one that works best for your application. You can also try "photoshop masking tutorial."

Aaron

"Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." — John Stuart Mill
K
KatWoman
Sep 7, 2006
"mistral" wrote in message
thx
http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/branches/branches.htm

http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/ExtractSM.mov

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/masking/masking.htm
M
mistral
Sep 8, 2006
KatWoman писал(а):

thx

=============
No normal and clear tutorials there.
A
Aaron
Sep 8, 2006
mistral wrote:
KatWoman писал(а):

thx

=============
No normal and clear tutorials there.

Then HIRE a TUTOR.

Aaron

"Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." — John Stuart Mill
F
fotodewan
Sep 8, 2006
mistral wrote:
thx

Hi,
One easy way that works for me is:
1- open your image in photoshop
2- choose ‘layers’ from the top menu and create two layers one by one 3- choose pen tool and start clicking around the figure that you want to cut out and keep on until you come back to the first dot when the cirle will complete. A colour will appear in the area enclosed with dots.
4- choose ‘layers’ click ‘merge down’ once. Now you have only two layers left
5- now with magic wand click in the area inside of the dotted figure that you created with pen tool
6- keeping the selection intact, delete the extra layer, now you have only the original figure image left with selected area
7-choose ‘edit’ , select copy and paste this precisely cut, copied figure whereever you want.

If there are any problems let me know,

-Fotodewan
Http//:photos.raniasplace.com/
K
KatWoman
Sep 8, 2006
"fotodewan" wrote in message
mistral wrote:
thx

Hi,
2- choose ‘layers’ from the top menu and create two layers one by one 3- choose pen tool and start clicking around the figure that you want to cut out and keep on until you come back to the first dot when the cirle will complete. A colour will appear in the area enclosed with dots.
5- now with magic wand click in the area inside of the dotted figure that you created with pen tool
6- keeping the selection intact, delete the extra layer, now you have only the original figure image left with selected area
7-choose ‘edit’ , select copy and paste this precisely cut, copied figure whereever you want.

-Fotodewan

yes feel free to ignore expert tutorials and do the method here which recommends an unusual and non editable way of doing it.

M
mistral
Sep 8, 2006
fotodewan писал(а):

mistral wrote:
where is tutorial for Photoshop 6(or 7.0) how to cut out the figure? I need cut out one figure, must be cut around it precisely, with image magnification, if required. Need it look natural cut out.

thx

Hi,

-Fotodewan

Hi Fotodewan,

thanks for tipps. Yes, I meant such clear and consecutive readme, that will help do it easily, will try.

thanks,
mistral
F
fotodewan
Sep 9, 2006
Hi Mistral,
Just remembered there is a much easier way to do this:

2- open ‘paths’ box and click the box at the bottom which says ‘create new path’ when you put the mouse on it.

3- choose pen tool and start clicking around the figure that you want to cut out and keep on until you come back to the first dot when the cirle will complete.

4- Now click the dotted circle at the bottom of the paths box which says ‘load path as selection’ when you put the mouse on it. This will convert the path line into a selection.

5- now click delete path by clicking the trash can at the bottom of the ‘paths’ box.

6- Now all you are left with is a precise selection of the figure you marked with the pen tool, you can copy and paste it to wherever you want.

-Fotodewan
mistral wrote:
fotodewan писал(а):

mistral wrote:
where is tutorial for Photoshop 6(or 7.0) how to cut out the figure? I need cut out one figure, must be cut around it precisely, with image magnification, if required. Need it look natural cut out.

thx

Hi,

-Fotodewan

Hi Fotodewan,

thanks for tipps. Yes, I meant such clear and consecutive readme, that will help do it easily, will try.

thanks,
mistral
M
mistral
Sep 9, 2006
fotodewan писал(а):

Hi Mistral,
Just remembered there is a much easier way to do this:

2- open ‘paths’ box and click the box at the bottom which says ‘create new path’ when you put the mouse on it.

3- choose pen tool and start clicking around the figure that you want to cut out and keep on until you come back to the first dot when the cirle will complete.

4- Now click the dotted circle at the bottom of the paths box which says ‘load path as selection’ when you put the mouse on it. This will convert the path line into a selection.

5- now click delete path by clicking the trash can at the bottom of the ‘paths’ box.

6- Now all you are left with is a precise selection of the figure you marked with the pen tool, you can copy and paste it to wherever you want.

-Fotodewan
mistral wrote:
fotodewan писал(а):

mistral wrote:

thx

Hi,

-Fotodewan

Hi Fotodewan,

thanks,
mistral
———

Hi Fotodewan,

thanks a lot. And what is "standard", "classic" way do to this?

mistral
F
fotodewan
Sep 10, 2006
Hi Fotodewan,

thanks a lot. And what is "standard", "classic" way do to this?
mistral

Hi Mistral,

I like to experiment with photoshop and many thing that I have learnt are through trial and error, because I don’t have much patience with tutorials. But in the end things work for me just the same as those tutorials would.

Masking out the areas you don’t need in an image is one ‘standard’ way to do it. It can be used to remove backgrounds on difficult images.

One standard and easy way given in the basic photoshop tutorials ‘Select areas in an image’ is to use the ‘magnetic lasso tool’. It works very well as long as you take anchor points at short distances because the magnetic lasso has a mind of its own too and follows any well marked lines on the image if your hand is unsteady while you are taking long anchor points.

The pen tool using paths is one method that works for me.

I use anything that works for me and don’t much worry about the standard ways of doing things. Of course, many standard techniques make life easier, IF they are easy enough to use.

Fotodewan
http://photos.raniasplace.com
S
selasko
Dec 30, 2006
Hi – another newbie to the group but experienced with PS. Would there be a problem with just using the extraction tool (Ctl-Alt-X for PC)? That’s what I’ve always used, and very successfully.

On 7 Sep 2006 08:28:50 -0700, "mistral"
wrote:

thx

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections