I Don’t Find Value in Tablet ( Wacom Graphire3)

KH
Posted By
Ken Hall
Dec 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do a lot of selecting/extracting of parts of images for various reasons. I’ve seen so many rave comments about how great tablets are for this I bought a Graphire3. So far I haven’t found it more useful than a mouse (both are frustrating).

The problem I have is the pen slides around on the hard, slick pad surface like it was on ice. I find this as difficult to control as the mouse. Am I doing something wrong?

Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DT
Deco_time
Dec 24, 2003
nKen Hall deftly typed:
I do a lot of selecting/extracting of parts of images for various reasons. I’ve seen so many rave comments about how great tablets are for this I bought a Graphire3. So far I haven’t found it more useful than a mouse (both are frustrating).

The problem I have is the pen slides around on the hard, slick pad surface like it was on ice. I find this as difficult to control as the mouse. Am I doing something wrong?

Ken

When I want to sketch something, I put a piece of paper on the pad to get the "paper feel". You might want to try that.

MLB
www.odysea.ca
E
edjh
Dec 24, 2003
Ken Hall wrote:

Ken
I think you need a gentler touch. But aside from that, tape a piece of paper on top of the surface to provide some friction.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
C
clevere
Dec 26, 2003
Ken, if it’s the first time you’ve used a tablet, give yourself some time to become used to how to tablet works. Given time, most people give up the normal mouse all together.

"Ken Hall" wrote in message

Ken

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections