Posted By
Julian_Warne
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am trying to create a batch process in Photoshop using AUTOMATE that will open my images across a number of sub-directories and then save them with web optimisation using the SAVE TO WEB function.

I can create the batch and it starts to process but it won’t progress past the image that I used as the sample in the AUTOMATE recording process, and it keeps presenting the Save dialog box for that one image.

How can I automate the SAVE TO WEB function so that it will automatically go through images in a directory?

Thanks in advance.

Julian

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jul 26, 2004
In the Batch dialog, check ‘Ignore Save As command’.

Mathias
LM
Lynch_Mike
Jul 26, 2004
First, make a "receive directory" for the save-to-web resulting files. ( I named mine: "batch result" ) Then, create an action that does the modifications you want, – I usually resize and apply an unsharp filter – and usually add auto-contrast and add some text – and then I save to web (at around 50%) to my "batch result" directory without changing the name (this is important, or all the files will take the new name and you’ll end up with only one) and finally I close the file WITHOUT SAVING.

When I run the action in a batch file, I set "Destination to ‘None’ ". (I am using PS7.01)
-Mike
JW
Julian_Warne
Jul 27, 2004
Hi Mike,

Thanks – the not saving the file is the trick!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections