JG
Posted By
Jim_Gasperini1
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m considering buying a Sony DSC-828 digital camera. A couple reviews mention as a drawback the fact that images cannot be saved to Adobe RBG *(1998) color space, but instead to something called sYCC. Apparently Canon cameras also use this color space; according to a Canon spokesman "All Canon digital cameras capture images in a color space called sYCC which has a considerably larger color gamut than either Adobe RGB or sRGB." Elsewhere I read that "sYCC colour space…apparently cannot be used as a working space like sRGB or Adobe RGB" so images need to be converted.

I customarily use Adobe RGB throughout workflows that result in printing. I’m a bit confused about how much of a bother it might be to use images from a camera based on sYCC that have to be converted, and conversely whether it might actually be possible to use sYCC as a working space given that it seems to have a wider gamut.

Any enlightenment appreciated–
–Jim Gasperini

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections