NB
Posted By
Nirveek_Bhattacharjee
Jul 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a pretty high resolution file in Photoshop CS (at 5080 dpi) and then converted it to EPS DCS 2.0.

Now when I try to open the EPS file in Illustrator 11, it doesnt open. In Illustrator 9, it opens but when you view at the maximum zoom (6400%) you can see that all the features are not faithfully represented. When I try to open the *.psd file in Illustartor 9, the entire image is just smudged up.

Can somebody please tell me how to make my photoshop file compatible for Illustrator? The printing services that has only Illustrator installed and so every file needs to be in that format. And I cannot acurately create objects of say 10 micron feature size in Illustrator.

Thanks a lot,

~ Nirveek

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobLevine
Jul 20, 2004
Illustrator isn’t intended to open that type of file, though you can place one.

But the real solution here is to find a new printer. The one you’re using now is running a very questionable business.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections