Posted By
RennieMay
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I realize that this is not the first post on this topic, but I’d like to add my name to the list of people who work on bitmap images and are really frustrated with having to turn off ‘pixel aspect ratio correction’ for every image. If anyone knows of a way to do this, could you pelase let me know.

Rennie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 19, 2004
Huh?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jul 19, 2004
yea.

WTF?
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 19, 2004
well you’re wrong about one thing… this is certainly the first post on this subject. how about more details.
R
RennieMay
Jul 23, 2004
This is an example of a previous post on this issue, if you search, you will find more examples:

* ************* Pixel Aspect Ratio Issue

Aleksander K. Wojcik – 10:27am May 11, 2004 PDT

I have a problem with Photoshop CS I didn’t have
with older versions of Photoshop, which actually makes
me consider uninstalling Photoshop CS.

Whenever I open a TIFF file I scanned, the
Pixel Aspect Ratio is automatically changed into
something different than square. This is really annoying considering how many files I have to edit.

Is there any way to stop this from happening, besides writing a batch script to open all the files, modify the aspect ration and save it again?

Where is the Pixel Aspect Ration Information contained
in the TIFF files? Does my scanning software save this information? I hope someone could help me with this.

Thank you very much in advance.
AP
angela_phillips
Jul 24, 2004
Photoshop cs.
Lasso Tool Problems
Can anyone tell me what to do with this problem. When i go to open Photoshop it comes up with a message saying,
"Invalid numeric entry. An integer between 0 pixels and 250 pixels is required. Restore last valid value." press OK to get rid of the message and photoshop loads, i encounter the message again when i go to use the lasso tool, where upon photoshop freezes and i have to shut it down. What do i do??
L
LenHewitt
Jul 24, 2004
Angela,

What has this got to do with pixel aspect ratio? Please posts a new topic for a new problem.

Try deleting your preference file – Details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s Topic List

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections