B
Posted By
brianp316
Jul 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently running Windows XP Pro and have been using Photoshop 7.0 for quite some time now. But just recently when I load Photoshop, it goes through the loading process and then it just disapears. It won’t load up. There is no error report or anything. It just disappears. I haven’t done anything to my computer. I know the Disk is good because I loaded it onto my laptop with no problem. It worked good on my home computer for over a year. And like I said I haven’t done anything. Adobe Image Ready works fine. I tried uninstalling anything with Adobe and reinstalling Adobe Photoshop. Again it just keeps running through the load process and then diappears with out loading. It looks like it is going to, but then it doesn’t. But The Image Ready still loads up. Any suggestions or experience with this problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BobLevine
Jul 17, 2004
Trash your prefs. Details in the FAQs.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 17, 2004
and if that doesn’t work, tell us what’s the last thing you see on the splash screen before it goes down?
B
brianp316
Jul 18, 2004
This is goign to sound dumb, but I can’t the FAQ’s on this site. The last thing it says while loading up is ……….. loading fonts
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jul 18, 2004
FAQ can be found here <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee747eb>. If you look at the list of threads, you will see that FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS is the second link in the list!

If it ends while loading fonts that suggests that you have a bad font. Have you added any new fonts recently? If yes, either uninstall them or put a ~ in front of them to disable them from loading. If that works, then you know it was the font.

If you haven’t loaded any new fonts lately, then you can troubleshoot by looking at your fonts folder, dividing it into groups (3 or 4 depending on how many) and load one group at a time until you find the group with the offending font.

hth,
grasshopper
B
brianp316
Jul 18, 2004
Hey thanks everyone. I went in and deleted those preferences and restarted my computer and it loaded up fine. Seems to be working alright. Thanks for the help,
Brian
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jul 18, 2004
glad to hear you got it all sorted out Brian 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections