A
Posted By
Arawak
Jun 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am wanting to create a clear plastic bag (well almost clear!!) like the ones that are on the outside of an item you buy off the shelf. I cannot find any such tutorials. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that may help me.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PB
Paul Burdett
Jun 18, 2006
"W E B G U R L" wrote in message
I am wanting to create a clear plastic bag (well almost clear!!) like the ones that are
on the outside of an item you buy off the shelf. I cannot find any such tutorials. Can
anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that may help me.
Thanks

Plastic wrap filter?
A
Arawak
Jun 22, 2006
Nah!

Found a few things on the Adobe site but could not get them to work. Always helps to have instructions with the styles.

So I gave up and used the bevel and emboss instead.

"Paul Burdett" wrote in message
|
| "W E B G U R L" wrote in message
| | >I am wanting to create a clear plastic bag (well almost clear!!) like the | >ones that are
| > on the outside of an item you buy off the shelf. I cannot find any such | > tutorials. Can
| > anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that may help me. | >
| > Thanks
| >
|
| Plastic wrap filter?
|
|
P
PacMan
Jun 22, 2006
On 2006-06-18 07:06:24 -0300, "W E B G U R L" said:

I am wanting to create a clear plastic bag (well almost clear!!) like the ones that are
on the outside of an item you buy off the shelf. I cannot find any such tutorials. Can
anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that may help me.
Thanks

1. Create mask or stroke of a bag, or import empty vector.
2. Use gray medium and gradients, plus mask some areas, illusion of
transparency.
3. make a layer on top for highlights with white and shadow areas and play with the layer opacity.
4. create refelctions by duplicating background areas and flipping on bag. lower layer opacity and play with mask gradients.

Listen to Papa Joe

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections