S
Posted By
Splashgottaito
Jul 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I worked on a .psd file all day yesterday on Photoshop 7.0. Today, my computer rebooted itself while I started working on the .psd file.

When I tried to reopen the file, I can see the thumbnail in the browse menu. But when I open it, I get this message:

Could not open "D:\Ivy\Scanned\TakuKouKou.psd" because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered.

When I try other applications that can view .psd files (ACDSee), everything is black.

I sent the .psd file (it’s about 8 megabytes) to a friend, and he got the same results as I did.

I think I was in the midst of saving my progress on the .psd when my comp rebooted itself, but I’m not positive. I just know that I can’t view the file at all except for the thumbnail. I run Windows XP, so I tried a System Restore to the yesterday, but then I realized that the System Restore only affects certain programs and not documents such as this .psd file.

Is there another way to backtrack what happened to this .psd file? Or some other way to fix this? I spent a long time on this artpiece and starting over will be such a waste… T_T

My email:

Thank you for reading,
Splash (Ivy)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 14, 2003
Most or all of it is probably hosed.

EOF means just that: the file doesn’t have all the information in it. Sometimes a little is missing, sometimes most or all of it. Photoshop generally won’t show *any* of it, even if only the last few lines are trashed.

Irfanview will show all of it that’s readable, always worth a try with that.

Mac
DM
dave milbut
Jul 19, 2003
Are there any other suggestions?

yes. read post 1.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections