Posted By
Paul Burdett
Apr 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I’m doing a tutorial PS CS2…seems easy enough…to create text on a spiral path. Problem? The text does not flow in a single line..that is, it overlaps itself.
Method:

1. Open new file.
2. Create spiral path using shape tool preset.
3. select text tool.
4. Insert text point to begin text, at end of spiral (either end)
5. Type text.
6. Ctrl H to hide path.

The text moves (as it should) in a spiral shape following the path, but some letters get superimposed over others.
Suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
Kingdom
Apr 20, 2006
"Paul Burdett" wrote in
news:44476c5d$0$7530$:

Hi all,
I’m doing a tutorial PS CS2…seems easy enough…to create text on a spiral path. Problem? The text does not flow in a single line..that is, it overlaps itself.
Method:

1. Open new file.
3. select text tool.
5. Type text.
6. Ctrl H to hide path.

The text moves (as it should) in a spiral shape following the path, but some letters get superimposed over others.
Suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul

charachter pallette

‘Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?’ ‘Snow White you dirty bitch and don’t you forget it!’
PB
Paul Burdett
Apr 20, 2006
"Kingdom" wrote in message
"Paul Burdett" wrote in

Hi all,
Method:

1. Open new file.
3. select text tool.
5. Type text.
6. Ctrl H to hide path.

Suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul

charachter pallette
Thanks, but I solved the problem. I just needed to set the text to "align left".
P
PJ
Apr 21, 2006
Hi Paul, What do you mean set the text to the left and how do you do it please ??? TIA.. PJ

"Paul Burdett" wrote in message
"Paul Burdett" wrote in

Hi all,
Method:

1. Open new file.
3. select text tool.
5. Type text.
6. Ctrl H to hide path.

Suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul

charachter pallette
Thanks, but I solved the problem. I just needed to set the text to "align left".
PB
Paul Burdett
Apr 21, 2006
Hi PJ,

After selecting the text tool you will see 3 icons in the options bar at the top…each icon is like a box with lines in it (same as in Microsoft word). The one on the left is "left align text" the one in the middle is "centre text" and the one on the right is "right align text". If you position your text curser at the outside of the spiral so as to have text move towards the centre then select "left align text". Select "right align text" if you want to start text from the centre.
Paul

"PJ" wrote in message
Hi Paul, What do you mean set the text to the left and how do you do it please ??? TIA.. PJ

"Paul Burdett" wrote in

Hi all,
Method:

1. Open new file.
3. select text tool.
5. Type text.
6. Ctrl H to hide path.

Suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul

charachter pallette

P
PJ
Apr 21, 2006
TY Paul,i understand now. TY for your help.. PJ

Hi PJ,

After selecting the text tool you will see 3 icons in the options bar at the top…each icon is like a box with lines in it (same as in Microsoft word). The one on the left is "left align text" the one in the middle is "centre text" and the one on the right is "right align text". If you position your text curser at the outside of the spiral so as to have text move towards the centre then select "left align text". Select "right align text" if you want to start text from the centre.
Paul

"PJ" wrote in message

"Paul Burdett" wrote in

Hi all,
Method:

1. Open new file.
3. select text tool.
5. Type text.
6. Ctrl H to hide path.

Suggestions appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul

charachter pallette

T
Tacit
Apr 21, 2006
In article <44476c5d$0$7530$>,
"Paul Burdett" wrote:

Make the spiral bigger or the text smaller.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections