Posted By
Bertie Carter
Feb 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am running CS2 and when I load the program it hangs for quite some time (over 45 secs) when displaying ‘Reading preferences’ on the ‘loading screen’..I have played about with the preferences and sought answeres elsewhere on the net but really stuck on this one….anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

YD
yodel_dodel
Feb 28, 2006
Bertie Carter wrote:
Hi,

I am running CS2 and when I load the program it hangs for quite some time (over 45 secs) when displaying ‘Reading preferences’ on the ‘loading screen’..I have played about with the preferences and sought answeres elsewhere on the net but really stuck on this one….anyone with any ideas?
Thanks

If your computer is what used to be the state of the art 3 years ago, startup times of a minute or so are quite normal. So,

– What type and speed is your processor?
– How much memory does it have?

Gregor mit dem Motorrad auf Reisen:
http://hothaus.de/greg-tour/
FA
Frank Arthur
Feb 28, 2006
Is there nothing for you to do during the entire 45+ seconds during boot up?

"Bertie Carter" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 28, 2006
"Bertie Carter" wrote in message
Hi,

Preferences are one of Photoshop’s Achilles heels . Try the three fingered salute – ctrl-alt-shift during startup and delete the preferences. —
Mike Russell
www.mike.russell-home.net
PF
Paul Furman
Mar 2, 2006
Bertie Carter wrote:

Hi,

Too many fonts perhaps?
J
Jaqui
Oct 24, 2006
Bertie Carter:
Hi,

I am running CS2 and when I load the program it hangs for quite some
time
(over 45 secs) when displaying ‘Reading preferences’ on the ‘loading screen’..I have played about with the preferences and sought answeres elsewhere on the net but really stuck on this one….anyone with any
ideas?
Thanks

My experience i, that if you’ve loaded too many plugins and/or fonts, it can take ages to load. Try deactivating some of them.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections