H
Posted By
howldog
Feb 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed CS2 premium for windows. Havent had much time to investigate it, but did notice Version Cue requires 60 megs of RAM to operate. What does it do? Do I really need it? Can i turn it off and expect the other programs to behave normally?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
Clyde
Feb 24, 2006
howldog wrote:
Just installed CS2 premium for windows. Havent had much time to investigate it, but did notice Version Cue requires 60 megs of RAM to operate. What does it do? Do I really need it? Can i turn it off and expect the other programs to behave normally?

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/versioncue.html
H
howldog
Feb 24, 2006
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:16:05 -0600, Clyde wrote:

howldog wrote:

60 megs of RAM is a lot for that.

Someone else told me i could simply turn it off.

Is there anyone here who finds it an enormous help?
U
ushere
Feb 24, 2006
"howldog" wrote in message

howldog wrote:

how do you turn it off?

leslie
C
Clyde
Feb 25, 2006
ushere wrote:
"howldog" wrote in message

howldog wrote:

how do you turn it off?

leslie

I’ve never turned it on, because I only have Photoshop and not the whole suite. However, there is a check button in Photoshop’s Preferences to turn it on and off. I hope that is all.

Clyde
TM
The Magician
Feb 25, 2006
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:23:46 -0600, Clyde wrote:

how do you turn it off?

leslie

I’ve never turned it on, because I only have Photoshop and not the whole suite. However, there is a check button in Photoshop’s Preferences to turn it on and off. I hope that is all.

How do you turn it ON…?
I think I somehow shut mine off once ny taking it out of my startup apps.
I’d like to give it a try now that I know what it’s for, but it’s greyed out in my PS CS2 menu.
Is it only good if you have the the Suite…or does it have some kind use in PS CS2?
T
teslacoils2006
Feb 26, 2006
Damn cute kitty. It seems you are for real. I’ll throw in a few bucks.

Should I call the VET?

I don’t want to make any statements about that because like I stated before…I wasn’t looking for money…just advice.
And from some of the negative reponses from people misinterpreting what

I
said here…I don’t want my original post to be misconstrued as a plea for money. If you feel like calling the vet and helping out…I’m not too
proud to say no.
I love my cat, and want him to be well…and I feel helpless because I’m
out of work and just making ends meet.
Thank you.
eddie

StocksRus? 20 Feb 2004 15:50

Sorry…having trouble with link for some reason.

[quoted text clipped – 3 lines]

eddie

Damn cute kitty. It seems you are for real. I’ll throw in a few bucks. Should I call the VET?

Signature

StocksRus?

The Magician 20 Feb 2004 06:59
Sorry…having trouble with link for some reason.

Try again:
http://www.optonline.net/optipet/gallery?CID=feed%3DB-B%26ne wsChannel% 3D18

eddie

The Magician 20 Feb 2004 06:47
For those who care…here’s a picture of Binky:

http://www.optonline.net/optipet/gallery?CID=feed%3DB-B%26ne wsChannel% 3D18#

Thank you again…
And God Bless.
eddie

The Magician 20 Feb 2004 06:23

Eddie,

While I understand your plight, the end part of wanting to kill your cat yourself DOES make you sound like a bazillion other trolls to this newsgroup (and other newsgroups too, I’ll bet).

I’m not aware of that…I’ve never been on it.

If you would post the name address of your vet, and the name of your cat (is it Binky?), maybe some of us that ****want**** to help can donate money to the vet in order to pay for your cat’s treatment.

I wasn’t looking for handouts…just some kind words of advice… but God works in mysterious ways, and I’m not too proud or above accepting help from kind people. I love my cat, and would rather see him
cared for and cured…even though asking how to painlessly euthanize him
might not sound like it. I was just "running outta road" and options this
afternoon. And please excuse any angry comments I made to the insensitive, cynical, and coldhearted newsgroup jerks. I’m just going thru a bad time and they just really piss me off.
But just so people know I’m not "trolling"…

His name is Binky, and I took him here today:

Hoboken Animal Hospital
Dr. Krusko
640 Washington St.
Hoboken, NJ 07030
201-963-3604

Again…it’s NOT my intention to ask for money…just advice. The vet quoted me an estimate of close to $600 dollars…which I would never expect to recieve from the charitableness of strangers. I just needed some hope and prayers…which I’ve gotten from most of you.
To all the kind folks out there that answered me with kindness and words
of hope…
Thank you…
And God Bless.
eddie

Magic Mood Jeep? 20 Feb 2004 02:02
Eddie,

While I understand your plight, the end part of wanting to kill your cat
yourself DOES make you sound like a bazillion other trolls to this newsgroup
(and other newsgroups too, I’ll bet).

If you would post the name address of your vet, and the name of your cat (is
it Binky?), maybe some of us that ****want**** to help can donate money

to
the vet in order to pay for your cat’s treatment.

Believe it or not, there are some kind hearted people out there.

If you want, you may email me privately (the
email
in my headers is false in order to defer spam, and don’t follow the link in
my geocities website as that acct has been turned off due to massive amounts
of spam), especially if you do not want to post that info on Usenet.

Signature

The ONE and ONLY
lefthanded-pathetic-paranoid-psychotic-sarcastic-wiseass-dit zy former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)?
http://www.geocities.com/the_magic_mood_jeep/
http://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

You must excuse because euthanasia really isn’t that expensive (~$75 US where I am, and this is expensive vet territory) Trying to euthanize your

[quoted text clipped – 17 lines]

Thank you Cheryl.
eddie

The Magician 20 Feb 2004 01:10

You must excuse because euthanasia really isn’t that expensive (~$75 US where I am, and this is expensive vet territory) Trying to euthanize your

[quoted text clipped – 5 lines]

aware that an otherwise adoptable pet only needs some medical treatment, you’d be amazed at the outpour of support for the animal to save its life.

I have to see the vet in a week to figure out his progress and what path
to take. That would be a great idea if it could work. I’ll ask the vet.

I would rather give Binky up for adoption, than to put him to sleep. (even though that too would break my heart…but I’d be happy knowing it
would be for the best if he’d survive.)
I appologize for the foul language…but I’m not in the best of moods, and am in pain over this. It hasn’t been a great year, and when I sincerely ask for help and advice, and get drivel from idiots like the above post…I just see red.
Thank you Cheryl.
eddie

Cheryl 20 Feb 2004 00:54
19 Feb 2004:

I was looking for suggestions…not pinheaded judgemental comments like yours…you silly f.ck.

You must excuse because euthanasia really isn’t that expensive (~$75 US

where I am, and this is expensive vet territory) Trying to euthanize your
own pet has been brought up here time and time again. Some probably trollish in nature, some probably sincere. But if cost is the motivating
factor, it shouldn’t be. If you can’t afford to treat for a treatable illness and feel euthanasia is the "second" best option, perhaps ask your
vet if they know anyone who could adopt him? If the mass public is made
aware that an otherwise adoptable pet only needs some medical treatment,
you’d be amazed at the outpour of support for the animal to save its life.

Signature

Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II

The Magician 20 Feb 2004 00:30

Congrats to
for winning the troll of the day award….

[quoted text clipped – 5 lines]

that is. If you can’t afford to care for the cat – and it seems your prospects aren’t good (long term) what are you doing with a cat anyway?

And I’ve seen a.sholes like you on newsgroups yell out "troll" just cuz

they were too immature, insensitive, or too STOOPID to understand a person’s situaton.
I was being honest and sincere, and it broke my heart to think about it…let alone even have to mention it on a public forum.
F.ck you DICKHEAD…and the horse you rode in on.
I don’t care WHAT you’ve "seen before".
Not everyone has an extra $600 bucks to spend on diagnosing an animal’s

health…or for a cure afterward for that matter.
Even the Vet discussed putting him down if we couldn’t afford healthcare
you j.rkoff.
Things are tough for some people lately.
And some people in a bad situation have to think realistically and do the
best they can.
I was looking for suggestions…not pinheaded judgemental comments like

yours…you silly f.ck.

Luvskats00 19 Feb 2004 22:46
Congrats to
for winning the troll of the day award….

I’ve seen that topic posted many times before (do it yourself euthenasia for
pet cat)..You should change the topic to reflect originality.

do us a favor and OD on heroin yourself..leave the cat alone – if you have one,
that is. If you can’t afford to care for the cat – and it seems your prospects
aren’t good (long term) what are you doing with a cat anyway?

The Magician 19 Feb 2004 22:08
My cat Binky is going to be 10 yrs old in April.
He’s so far been healthy up until about a yr or so ago when he had a urinary tract infection which cleared up well.
Over the past month or two he has lost a LOT of weight.
He hardly ever comes out from under my bed, hardly eats, and when he does…makes a mess around his bowl. Yesterday, after not eating for days… he started puking, and when I went to pick him up… he howled and moaned pitifully. And that’s how he’s been for the past days…listless, and cries horribly when you go to move him. He never drinks water from a bowl, and usually jumps up at the kitchen sink for a drink. Lately I’ve been carrying him over to the sink because
he’s too weak to get up himself. Too weak to move really. Right now I’m unemployed and living at home. My mom only gets an SSI check monthly…and we’ve barely been making ends meet to survive. We spent our last $50. bucks for the month today to take Binky to the vet. The vet examined him and said she couldn’t tell what was wrong without xrays, bloodwork, etc. She found the hard spots in his stomach that I had found. She got her secretary to do an estimate, and it came to
almost $600. bucks. I told her we couldn’t afford that, so she said she’d
try some medicine and to try to hydrate him. (he’s painfully skinny now)
That cost $150.. which they agreed to bill us till the 1st of the month.
I talked with them and they said the were other alternatives, meaning euthanasia if we felt we couldn’t afford treatment…so he wouldn’t suffer. She did a bunch of calculations of his 6lb. weight, etc., and came up with a figure of $160. to put him down. I told her I am a recovering heroin addict, and if she was gonna OD him on China White Dope. And that I could kill my own 225lb self on 3 bags of Heroin for only $45 bucks.
I know this is going to sound horrifying and will get negative responses,
and I am crying as I type this…but does anyone know of a cheaper, "do

it yourself" method of euthanasia for a cat that quick, easy, and not painful? It would break my heart and I probably would wimp out at the last minute…but I don’t want to see him suffer if this antibiotic doesn’t take effect. But unfortunately my situation can’t afford otherwise. I have no one else to turn to for the amount of money it would
cost just to properly diagnose him…let alone cure him. (That’s IF he is
curable after the diagnosis) I have access to hypodermic needles because
of a diabetic friend if that helps. I am so devastatd and brokenhearted

over this…but again don’t want to see my Binky suffer due to my bad situation.
Any advice would be extremely appreciated.
Thank you.
eddie
LK
Laura K
Feb 26, 2006
Clyde wrote in news:YIKdnVKbL9Tr653ZRVn-
:

Version Cue is project management software that’s meant to help manage graphic/design projects that several persons or groups are working on: magazine, newspaper, website, etc. You only get the full version if you buy the CS Professional Suite. You can turn it off if it’s not needed. From Version Cue help:
In Version Cue, you create projects that you and other users access through Adobe Creative Suite components. Projects keep related files together in one place. Version Cue manages the files in these projects. Because Version Cue works in all Adobe Creative Suite components, your design process isn

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections