SA
Posted By
slider_alt
Feb 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I like to work on 2-D animation by scanning all my images into Photoshop and using my mouse to trace over them. I’m thinking about getting an Introus3 6X8 tablet because it takes forever to trace over one simple character with a mouse using the brush tool. So here’s my first question. I hear that the tablets are pressure sensitive, does this mean that if I used the brush tool in photoshop and had it set for a certain width, that if I held the pen down too hard it would create too thick of a line? Not that that’s a bad thing, but I guess I’m wondering if it’s hard to maintain consistent size lines the way you want without constantly making errors and having to redo things? Also what are the pen nibs used for? And my last question, do the lines generally look real smooth and clear when doing tracing jobs? Because I’ve been having a big problem with getting nice lines with no rough spots when doing scans.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
noone
Feb 17, 2006
In article ,
says…
I like to work on 2-D animation by scanning all my images into Photoshop and using my mouse to trace over them. I’m thinking about getting an Introus3 6X8 tablet because it takes forever to trace over one simple character with a mouse using the brush tool. So here’s my first question. I hear that the tablets are pressure sensitive, does this mean that if I used the brush tool in photoshop and had it set for a certain width, that if I held the pen down too hard it would create too thick of a line? Not that that’s a bad thing, but I guess I’m wondering if it’s hard to maintain consistent size lines the way you want without constantly making errors and having to redo things? Also what are the pen nibs used for? And my last question, do the lines generally look real smooth and clear when doing tracing jobs? Because I’ve been having a big problem with getting nice lines with no rough spots when doing scans.

To your basic question – yes, the line’s width will change, if that is how you have it set. You could have it change Opacity, or not be sensitive to the pressure. The choice is yours. Coming from a true natural media background, I can’t speak for all, but you can have my Wacom, when you pry the stylus from my cold dead hand. I wouldn’t be without mine, and do some of the same things as you, though most time is spent working on photographs, not illustrations.

Hunt

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections