M
Posted By
Myrmior
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, maybe this is the stupidest photoshop question from an experienced user yet, but; what do i need to do to draw just a one pixel thick outline of an elipse? The only tools that i can think of will fill the entire elipse in. Can someone relieve my brain fart? I am using CS.

Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
BobLevine
Jul 9, 2004
Create the elipse with the elipse marquee tool and then use edit>stroke to create the outline.

Bob
R
RobertSem
Jul 10, 2004
Robert Levine: your post on 7/9/04 @ 5:28 a.m. relates to using elipse marquee tool, and creating an outline via edit>stroke. How? I have A/Elements and after creating oval, "stroke" is disabled in edit. What am I overlooking?
L
LenHewitt
Jul 10, 2004
Suggest you post in the Photoshop Elements forum, Robert:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.eeb4f8b
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jul 10, 2004
You can also use Layer Effects Stroke on a Vector ellipse, and then turn fill opacity down to 0% on the layer palette. This will keep the layer editable / scalable.
M
Myrmior
Jul 18, 2004
This method works well. Thank you all for posting. I however need a method that will create the pixels corner to corner. Umm… Can anyone think of a better way to explain that? Here, ill make an example:

<http://myrmior.homestead.com/files/Exe.gif>

The one on the left is the one i get, and the one on the right is the one i want. Hopefully the code works on this one.

Can anyone help me out? This is so darn time consuming to create manually around the edge of a huge elipse.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 18, 2004
Myrmior,

Your link was not showing up correctly in the forum, and posting a link to a file with ‘exe’ in the filename is NOT a good idea.

To post a link here you need to write:

<a href="your file URL">Text to link</a>
M
Myrmior
Jul 21, 2004
Sorry about that. It was an image that i was trying to post, not an executable file. I’ve renamed it and i will now repost:

This method works well. Thank you all for posting. I however need a method that will create the pixels corner to corner. Umm… Can anyone think of a better way to explain that? Here, ill make an example:

Example Image <http://myrmior.homestead.com/files/example.gif>

The one on the left is the one i get, and the one on the right is the one i want. Hopefully the code works on this one.

Can anyone help me out? This is so darn time consuming to create manually around the edge of a huge elipse.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 21, 2004
Myramior,

As the slope of the ellipse changes, so will the length of each ‘stroke’, and I know of no way round that.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections